Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best friend says I've changed

Options
  • 29-10-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

My best friend and I lived together in a small Appartment with her granmother we also worked together which meant we seen each other every single day it was always me and her for a few months, suddenly we both got new jobs and i moved out into a bigger house with 2 friends I made from work but always make time for her no matter what I do I'll bring her along I ask her to stay with me all the time but she's always really moody and doesn't want to spend time with me anymore and told me I've changed. I don't feel like I've changed one bit, I'm the happiest I've ever been. I feel like she has as she gets really moody when she's around me, I don't know what to do

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD: Moved to Relationship Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I think this may get moved to another section.
    But anyway..
    It sounds like somethign has changed, not necesarily you or her. It might be the new situation where you two are more apart is the change that hurts.
    Maybe she loves you, maybe she needs to have you nearby for support.
    Either way, my own personal opinion is that each person needs to learn to stand on their own two feet. Assisting someone in avoiding this useful skill is a sin against that person in my view.
    Like being a constant crutch for someone who could learn to walk. It can prevent growth and healing if the process is delayed.

Whatever is going on, be assured no matter what you do, the responsibility for other peoples happiness is not on your shoulders.
    If you are unhappy over the situation, that would be your problem to solve, and if you both feel the same, you should probably chat about it openly at the right time and see what suits you both.
    For me personally, I will walk alone easier than with company and that is my greatest gift..... and curse :)

Glad you accidently posted this in humanities. I would not have the chance to think on this then.
    I will quickly move on now. I have been infracted here for using personal experience to share strategies.
    Best of luck.

• Administrators Posts: 13,769 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Locked, as identical thread open

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement