Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Contest in this Eng v SA Game?

Options
  • 14-09-2007 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

The 2 commentators on Setanta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Wasnt listening to them what were they saying?

Wanted to hear Stuart Barns say that everything has fallen apart, their hopeless etc tis great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Commentary was rofl, sniping at each other for the last twenty minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

who was setantas commentry team

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Watched ITV as well to see Sky's chosen players falling apart, for the last two or three seasons they've championed the cause of Perry, Sackey and Easter only for them to be shown up as nowhere near International level. Even when Rees came off for Moody Barnes was giving out, "Rees adds dynamism" ( well he didnt for 60 minutes Stuart), even though Rees was smaller than most of the backs. Delighted for them really.

razorblunt wrote:
    Watched ITV as well to see Sky's chosen players falling apart, for the last two or three seasons they've championed the cause of Perry, Sackey and Easter only for them to be shown up as nowhere near International level. Even when Rees came off for Moody Barnes was giving out, "Rees adds dynamism" ( well he didnt for 60 minutes Stuart), even though Rees was smaller than most of the backs. Delighted for them really.
    to be fair, i think skys rugby team is good - yes there are biased towards engerrland - but not nearly as much as their football counterparts on the bbc and sky

• Advertisement

It's not being partisan that annoys me but the fact that they tried to pick the English team, basically forced Robinson out as well, or at least tried to make it as unattainable as possible.

razorblunt wrote:
    It's not being partisan that annoys me but the fact that they tried to pick the English team, basically forced Robinson out as well, or at least tried to make it as unattainable as possible.
    they would have picked a better squad than ashdon, no doubt about that

Ashdon said before the tournament that his plan was basically "get through it" he should have loaded his squad with youngsters in that case.

razorblunt wrote:
    Ashdon said before the tournament that his plan was basically "get through it" he should have loaded his squad with youngsters in that case.
    such an idiot ashdon - what was the point in picking players like catt, dallagio, corry, regan etc - they are all living on past glories and he has made a massive mistake in leaving the likes of flood at home - tait should have started in the center as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

he has made a massive mistake in leaving the likes of flood at home

and Geraghty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

philstar wrote:
    and Geraghty

I thought he played for Meath;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

it's Ashton guys, not ashdon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I thought he played for Meath;)

I bet he regrets throwing his lot in with England now. At least if he was playing with Ireland he'd be number 2 or three flyhalf for a decent team rather than second choice by default (injury) to an England side who couldn't make a dent in a bowl of jelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Jilm

RuggieBear wrote:
    it's Ashton guys, not ashdon
    I think you'll find it's actually Gashton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

GDM wrote:
    I bet he regrets throwing his lot in with England now.

Was a shame allright. Ireland could really have done with a bright prospect at number 10. Could have been groomed for the next RWC. Ah well.. what might have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

wingnut wrote:
    Was a shame allright. Ireland could really have done with a bright prospect at number 10. Could have been groomed for the next RWC. Ah well.. what might have been.

Ha EOS would pick him in his 30 squad and just make sure he warmed the bench. Plus the fact that EOS seems to be absolutely blind when it comes to finding eligible players in England means that he would never have done much with him

Advertisement