Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer jobs

Options
  • 26-11-2014 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Do summer job earnings during fifth year count towards the college grant or is the deduction appliable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,924 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

When assessing income for 2015/2016 grant year they assess 2014 income

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40 queenie154

When assessing income for 2015/2016 grant year they assess 2014 income
    I know that they will assess income but I had emailed susi previously and they informed me no deduction would be made for holiday earnings but recently I asked again and they told me working during the holiday periods in secondary school is fine. Don't know what to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 40,924 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You can earn upto 3809 during holiday periods and this not counted in the income assessment.

Its here in the means test paragraph

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses.html

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40 queenie154

You can earn upto 3809 during holiday periods and this not counted in the income assessment.

Its here in the means test paragraph

I know but it doesn't state whether work outside term time in secondary school can be applied and like I said susi gave me two different answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

queenie154 wrote: »
    I know but it doesn't state whether work outside term time in secondary school can be applied and like I said susi gave me two different answers

It's all term time while attending education. Secondary, Further and Higher Education.

• Advertisement
Advertisement