Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beginners buying

Options
  • 26-11-2014 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

I just want to give a recommendation to beginners to talk to more knowledgable people when buying your first bow. I'd been told that, but of course I didn't really believe it.

I went to ASI (ArcheryShop Ireland) last weekend for my first bow, even though I had researched, felt I had a good idea of what I wanted, and I figured I'd probably pay less by buying online.

I got great advice from Keith; he took time to explain things to me. I was "talked down" from buying some bits I don't need for now. With some other items that would have been expensive, I was advised to get cheaper equivalents.

I've looked around since, I think the value I got was as good as I would have gotten online. And all that advice meant I ended up with more suitable equipment than I would otherwise have chosen myself.

For beginners like me, I'd seriously advise buying from somewhere you can talk about your needs/wants. I'm glad I didn't just chuck a load of stuff into an online shopping cart. I found ASI great (I'm not connected with them!), but I'm sure there are other good stores around too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

Keith is a top guy alright. He has forgotten more than most people claim to know about archery.

There are a couple of other places too and they all know each other.

Advertisement