Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV on the Radio - Seeds

Options
  • 16-11-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Any other TVOTR fans out there? New album "Seeds" just been released - will need a couple more listens but may be album of the year for me! Few other contemporary bands excite me as much with each new record as these guys...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Waiting for mine to arrive in the post. Great band. Hope to get to see them live again.

Edit: Just had a listen to most of it on Spotify. Not what I was expecting. Very "straight forward" for a TVOTR album. It could be a grower though. I'm sure it will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭The Pooka

Yeah, I've seen a few reviews calling it more "poppy", which I guess it is, though I think they've always sort of defied generic conventions anyway - and even with the slightly less experimental feel, there's still a world of difference between this and, say, Taylor Swift (not to hate on Swift - I've had 2 separate songs of hers stuck in my head for about the last week). Quartz, Could You, Ride, Right Now and the title track (their best flat-out love song since Lovers' Day) are all early favourites, but there isn't a weak one on here if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Absolutely love it, not bad song on the record. I've been a fan since the relatively early days but I actually like the slightly 'poppier' direction they're heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Great album, not one bad song on it!

It's a very uplifting which is refreshing; the last song 'seeds' is a great way to wrap it up.

Probably my favourite record of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 soo C

I really like Seeds, Quartz is my new favourite track (happy idiot, winter, and could you, were the previous in that order). I'm going to the Manchester gig. Anyone else travelling to see them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

A grower. Very good album. Pity I won't get to see them on tour this time.

Advertisement