Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone/HTC One/Carphone Warehouse Issue

Options
  • 23-10-2014 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

Looking for some advice.
    Entered into a contract with Vodafone for €55/month bill pay to get the HTC one phone.
    Did this in Carphone Warehouse.
    The phone has been sent away twice for repair (first was due to water damage.)
    The first time I went through Carphone Warehouse and had to wait 6 week for the repair and the store had no courtesy phones.
    The second time, I rang vodafone and they said to go through them for the repair.
    The problem this time was with the headphone jack(only one headphone would work on multiple headphones-a common fault google says)
    I got the phone back after 6 weeks again and now the phone keeps skipping through songs or the radio stations.
    A quick google search again throws up loads of similar stories and the problem is again due to the headphone jack.
    I really don't want to have to send my phone away for 6 weeks again and have to pay €55 a month. I feel the repair wasn't permanent.
    I got a courtesy phone the for the last repair from vodafone but this was a really old basic samsung.
    In my mind, I entered into the €55 a month deal purely for the HTC one and if I have to send it away again its a bit ridiculous.
    I have gone back to Vodafone and they have said they will have to send it away again and wont offer anything else ( I either wanted a replacement or a courtesy phone of the same standard.)

Just wanted some opinions please: should I just send it away again for 6 weeks and pay my bill or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If it's the same fault again, i.e. previous repair not permanent, then as a consumer you would be entitled to a replacement or (considering the grief you've had) even a refund. Even if it was a new fault you could assert that the phone is not durable enough for normal use.
    It's fair that the seller may want to send it away to verify the cause but I would consider a week or two to be enough for that. They're not obliged to give a courtesy phone but consumer law requires that you not suffer undue delay or inconvenience so I would see it in their interest to give you a loaner if your own phone is going to be away for longer.

You should still pay your bill as contracted however you should seek a refund for the time without a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭McGrath5

What repair company are Vodafone using?

A 6 week wait time for the phone to come back is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

silvikrin wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking for some advice.
    Entered into a contract with Vodafone for €55/month bill pay to get the HTC one phone.
    Did this in Carphone Warehouse.
    The phone has been sent away twice for repair (first was due to water damage.)
    The first time I went through Carphone Warehouse and had to wait 6 week for the repair and the store had no courtesy phones.
    The second time, I rang vodafone and they said to go through them for the repair.
    The problem this time was with the headphone jack(only one headphone would work on multiple headphones-a common fault google says)
    I got the phone back after 6 weeks again and now the phone keeps skipping through songs or the radio stations.
    A quick google search again throws up loads of similar stories and the problem is again due to the headphone jack.
    I really don't want to have to send my phone away for 6 weeks again and have to pay €55 a month. I feel the repair wasn't permanent.
    I got a courtesy phone the for the last repair from vodafone but this was a really old basic samsung.
    In my mind, I entered into the €55 a month deal purely for the HTC one and if I have to send it away again its a bit ridiculous.
    I have gone back to Vodafone and they have said they will have to send it away again and wont offer anything else ( I either wanted a replacement or a courtesy phone of the same standard.)

Just wanted some opinions please: should I just send it away again for 6 weeks and pay my bill or not?

I'm surprised that CPW fixed the phone that was damaged due to water, the warranty doesn't cover damage done by the user. Did they charge you for the first repair? Was this repaired using insurance rather than under the manufacturers warranty?

Advertisement