Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Gordon's Gin

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

coylemj wrote: »
    the best you can expect is that the owners (in this case C&C)

Britvic </pedant mode>

(C&C sold out of that market a number of years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,346 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

MYOB wrote: »
    Britvic </pedant mode>

(C&C sold out of that market a number of years ago)

Only half correct, they offloaded Club Orange to Britvic as you correctly pointed out but are still in 'that market' because according to their website they own Finches. Looks like they acquired Finches along with Tipperary Water when they took over M.J. Gleeson.

http://www.candcgroupplc.com/brands/non-alcoholic/finches

Which has to be ironic in the extreme because Finches and Fanta are both poisonous chemical p1ss compared to Club Orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yawns wrote: »
    Where in the link you provided say it's illegal?

This was the full quote
    Owners Deli Delicious Ltd were found guilty of deceiving the public and misusing trademarks on the venue’s promotional material. The bar had been using weaker schnapps in place of ‘Jagermeister Bombs’ which (along with ‘Jagermeister’ and ‘J-Bomb’) are trademarked

So I would still question them being able to use the smirnoff bottle as a decanter for vodka, or a gordons bottle for gin. If they were asked for smirnoff theres an issue, or if they had "smirnoff moscow mules" on the menu then it would be similar to the UK jager case.
    Beano wrote: »
    what if you asked for a gin and tonic and they poured the gin out of a bottle marked Gordons but was actually bombay? Would you be ok with that?
    This would not bother me much, since by asking for gin it would show I do not have much of a preference, so he could just as easily have gone for a bombay bottle anyway. If I did want gordons I would ask, even if its apparently the only visible bottle on display. I have often seen barmen nip around the corner to get a bottle of huzzar which may not have been visible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

So I would still question them being able to use the smirnoff bottle as a decanter for vodka, or a gin bottle. If they were asked for smirnoff theres an issue, or if they had "smirnoff moscow mules" on the menu then it would be similar to the UK jager case.

You can bet in that case tho, the consumer asked for a Jager-bomb or Jagermeister and red bull etc. Not a herbal liquor/schnaaps & red bull.
    The jagermeister one happens, just not in a jager bottle. People ask for a Jagermeister and get a Schwartzhog for eg. Or ask for a vodka & redbull but get a vodka and some knockoff. That's worse as the consumer is actually asking for a specific product and not getting it.

Advertisement