Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undelivered Product

Options
  • 20-01-2014 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

I bought a voucher on groupon.ie in early November, for a product to be delivered by Dynergy Ltd who appear to be a UK based company. After a few weeks waiting for the product to arrive, the voucher was due to expire so I contacted the company. They said there had been a delay in sending the product but they would sort it. Again it didn't arrive, so I contacted them again and they said it might have got lost in the post so they would send another. A few weeks later the product still hadn't arrived so I contacted them again, this was over a month ago and they have not replied. I have sent them another two emails during this time and they continue to ignore me. The voucher is now expired and they are completely ignoring my attempts to contact them. I feel violated, ripped off and angry and I'm not sure what I can do about it. Would I be right in thinking that since they are a UK based company I cannot take them to the small claims court? I'd really appreciate some advice on what to do as it feels completely unjust that a company can treat a consumer this way, I feel I should attempt to stand up for myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you have placed the order, then it doesn't matter that the voucher has expired.

Contact Groupon to see if they can help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Your contract is with groupon. Contact them & push for a cash refund (not site credit).

Give them ten days to refund or do a chargeback with your card company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

violated? really?

contact groupon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Perhaps violated is a bit much, but I've still been scammed out of my money as far as I can see which is quite infuriating. No one likes getting ripped off.

Thanks for the responses guys, I've sent groupon an email, though I explored their website previously and they maintain they have no involvement in transactions once the voucher has been bought, it is between the consumer and the company sending the product. I hope they can help. If not, I hope I can at least prevent others from getting scammed by the company in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Groupon are (intentionally) wrong. Your contract is with them. If their supplier cannot deliver, they owe you your money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 GFurl1

I purchased a Groupon for a Satchel from this same company and I have not recieved it yet either. I had a suspision that I had been scammed so I googled the company and came across this thread. It has confirmed what I was thinking. My Satchel was apparently dispatched on the 14th of January but I still haven't got it. I have E-mailed both Groupon.ie and Dynergy Ltd. Groupon replied to my E-mail saying that I should contact the company and that if they had not replied within 72 hours I should let Groupon know. Dynergy have not replied as of yet. Not sure what Groupon intend to do if Dynergy do not reply.. Im disgusted with this Dynergy company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Groupon are responsible until such time the voucher is redeemed and you ahve received the product - at athat stage the supplier is responsible.

So as you have not received the product and you purchased the voucher from Groupon, Groupon are responsible to you.

If they argue, ask them if it is a new policy of theirs that they sell vouchers that are not redeemable by their merchants?

The people at Dynergy Emailed me back on the 4th of this month, stating that there had been a slight delay in shipping my product. It is apparently on the way to me now. Im not really expecting to recieve the Satchel at all at this stage.

MR NINE, Have you had any luck in recieving the product you ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

GFurl1 wrote: »
    I purchased a Groupon for a Satchel from this same company and I have not recieved it yet either. I had a suspision that I had been scammed so I googled the company and came across this thread. It has confirmed what I was thinking. My Satchel was apparently dispatched on the 14th of January but I still haven't got it. I have E-mailed both Groupon.ie and Dynergy Ltd. Groupon replied to my E-mail saying that I should contact the company and that if they had not replied within 72 hours I should let Groupon know. Dynergy have not replied as of yet. Not sure what Groupon intend to do if Dynergy do not reply.. Im disgusted with this Dynergy company.

I am also in the same position, I bought a groupon for the same product from Dynergy. After being in contact with Dynergy they just keep on saying there has been a delay and it will be posted soon. I have also contacted groupon but with no success yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Hi there...I had two disputes with Groupon over purchases made - neither were delivered. I did get a refund from Groupon (eventually), but not for the P&P which I had paid to the company directly.
    It took months and numerous phone calls - keep at Groupon, even if they try and fob you off.

I haven't bought a thing from Groupon since, and never will again - such was my frustration.

But keep plaguing them for your refund! Good luck MrNine!

• Advertisement

I recieved my Satchel this afternoon! I cannot believe it, I really didn't think I would get the Satchel or a refund for that matter. Its nice, but definately only worth the €20 I paid for it. I thought I would had to have had numerous conversations with the people at both Groupon and Dynergy, but thankfully the first Email I sent was successful. I really hope everyone else is as lucky as I am with getting their products (or at least a refund) Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

I have bought two things through groupon and I will never go near the site again.

First thing was a car valet! All perfect until I tried to book my car in for the valet. I was told that there was no availability at all, never would be and the voucher couldn't be used. I got refunded but was very annoyed that they oversold and wouldn't honour it.

Next was an item by the name 'nano'. I don't really keep up to date with technology but this looked like a good deal. Item arrived, biggest heap of junk ever and didn't even work. I went online and found that a LOT had problems with the item, the company etc. Actually I got 3 to give as presents and none worked, No reply, no refund and the item went into the bin so that I wouldn 't have to look at it.

So after that I just felt they were giving offers from unreliable companies and it was far too risky. I don't even look at the site now as it makes my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

I think the message is.....DON'T buy from GROUPON!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

To be fair, the more accurate message is to buy from trustworthy retailers. I generally have no issues with groupon (or other discount site) purchases from businesses I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I'll go the other way and recognise groupon for what they are, a reseller of discounted products who take a slice of the action.

Ive bought 4 things from groupon, 2 were great, 2 were not, hassled groupon with a couple of phone calls and emails, and got money back, wast too hard, maybe 3-4 weeks.

I bought a voucher to get my driveweay cleaned, you pay the money, contact the guy, give him the voucher when he comes out, he claims his money from groupon. Guy sold 150-200 vouchers at less than half price. basically most of his working year, he never even answered his phone.

So its not really groupons fault as theyre not going to verify whether the guy will answer or deliver a product, theyre just happy to offer it as an option, keep your money for a couple of months, some people wont even claim it back.

Personally, wouldnt touch them again for those reasons. Its not groupons fault, yet at the same time, the whole process is prone to going sour due to its very nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 baibax

I seem to be next item with Groupon and Dynergy....

Agrrrr, Dynergy does not even have phone number to ring....

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deisedayo

I bought a pair of beats headphones on Grupon , it turns outbthat they are fake items , Dnergy were the supplier ,

I contacted grupon , i informed them , i got a blunt reply which read , what purchase are you refering to , even though i clearly put this information in the email,

They have stopped responding to my email.

I have no way of ringing dnergy

Advertisement