Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.2 OTA update within the next two weeks?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Sounds good.

I was trying to watch the world cup on RTE's site earlier in the week and found out it wouldn't work. Full Flash will surely fix that so hopefully it's sooner rather than later or all the matches will be over! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I love it. Everyone speculates about when the update will be rolled out, and then spends the next few weeks giving out when it doesn't turn up.

I'll be holding my breath. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Woohoo, cant wait for this. Hope it fix my problem where the fone cant shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Truthfully if google fail to get 2.2 offically release on the 23rd they will have missed a chance of getting one over on Apple the day before the official release of the iphone. So I'm really hoping that they are pusing HTC to have the update ready for then. However given the Droid X is being announced on the 23rd I am a funny feeling we won't be seeing HTC release it on the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

FWIW Google have just published updates to Listen, Translate and Sky Maps.

Might be getting ready for something ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

long_b wrote: »
    FWIW Google have just published updates to Listen, Translate and Sky Maps.

Might be getting ready for something ;)
    Theyre all updates that allow moving to the SD card

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

Nexus One confirmed for release in S. Korea on the 21st... with FroYo on board.

Motorola holding a press conference for the Droid X release on the 23rd... and Google and Adobe are going to be in attendance at it too, which seems unusual.

Seems like something is afoot, alright.

I just randomly checked for system updates and theres one available:

System upgrade 1.21.405.2 (27.07 MB)
    Update: HTC application improvement

Not Froyo?

M450 wrote: »

Not Froyo?
    Firmware version: 2.1-update1

Also, I lost all my customized home screens... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Not Froyo?

That's been out for weeks. With vanilla froyo not released yet, I very much doubt we'll see it on the Desire before the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

That's been out for weeks. With vanilla froyo not released yet, I very much doubt we'll see it on the Desire before the end of the month.

Htc have confirmed it will be released within two weeks ota to zdnet.de yesterday.
    I went to it and translated it.

http://m.zdnet.de/news/mobile_wirtschaft_htc_bringt_os_update_fuer_desire_und_legend_story-39002365-41533741-1.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Keith186 wrote: »
    Htc have confirmed it will be released within two weeks ota to zdnet.de yesterday.
    I went to it and translated it.

http://m.zdnet.de/news/mobile_wirtschaft_htc_bringt_os_update_fuer_desire_und_legend_story-39002365-41533741-1.htm
    Update from 6/23/2010:
    HTC has denied through his PR agency, that there will be two weeks in an operating system update for the Desire and the Legend. The statement was based on a misunderstanding. It is certain that the HTC Hero will receive in the next two weeks, his update to Android 2.1. In updating the Desire remains vague and HTC will deliver an update to the third quarter. If and when the Legend to upgrade to get Android 2.2, you do not know yet.

Hmm, not a great translation..but it looks like 2.2 is way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

And now its supposedly a misunderstanding and the release date could be as late as first september

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Well Android 2.2 Froyo available today. More details

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Can you install Froyo to any Android phone or are there builds for each phone.

Well Android 2.2 Froyo available today. More details

For developers.

Nothing you can install yourself from what I'm reading

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

chrislad wrote: »
    Can you install Froyo to any Android phone or are there builds for each phone.

Read the first comment in the link, apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spelling it out... :)
    For those of us waiting, however impatiently, for our own version of Android 2.2 (FroYo), today very good day. The official Android 2.2 release has just been moved to the Android Open Source Project, and will now be available for developer release.

So what’s that mean to you? In a nutshell, it means that individual developers can now build and release FroYo ROM’s for any device.

So, if you’ve been carrying around your Motorola Droid, HTC Desire or any other device slaved to 2.1 or before, you should be getting some amazing 2.2 love very soon.

What’s the big deal with 2.2? Quite a bit has changed, but here’s the highlights:

* Improved Gallery
    * Huge camera changes
    * Faster overall performance
    * We get Flash!

I can tell you, first hand, that the performance upgrades from 2.1 to 2.2 are amazing. While I’ve not noticed any discernable difference in my battery life, the overall user experience of 2.2 is vastly superior to 2.1 and below.

Personally, I welcome our new yogurt-eating-robot overlords.

I'd expect a FroyoHero very soon! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So are HTC only getting their mitts on Froyo today? If so it could be 2-3 months before an official release I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Not Froyo?

I got this update today OTA and it reset all my home screens :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 cdc2711

does anybody have the htc legend ? if so whats it like , would you reccomand it over the samsung wave .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

2.2 FRF83 OTA is out now for Nexus One? Haven't got it yet myself, using FRF72 currently.

Update: Seems there is an update out to get from FRF72 to FRF83. This updates works a treat, on FRF83 now (Nexus One non-rooted).

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

cdc2711 wrote: »
    does anybody have the htc legend ? if so whats it like , would you reccomand it over the samsung wave .

Legend is good, I have one and recommend it. The Desire is a better spec but also a bit pricier

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Andrew76 wrote: »
    2.2 FRF83 OTA is out now for Nexus One? Haven't got it yet myself, using FRF72 currently.

Update: Seems there is an update out to get from FRF72 to FRF83. This updates works a treat, on FRF83 now (Nexus One non-rooted).

Just upgraded to FRF83 myself. Seems a small update so haven't noticed any change yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,726 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ive got the milestone / desire / legend / hero and tattoo. (dev office)

Milestone appears to have best battery life over the rest, however havent had much face time with the legend.

will give you more detail once i do.

listermint wrote: »
    Ive got the milestone / desire / legend / hero and tattoo. (dev office)

Milestone appears to have best battery life over the rest, however havent had much face time with the legend.

will give you more detail once i do.

I have the option of a desire for 340 euro or the legend for 320 euro both simfree , which do you think I should get , bearing in mind that the legend does look savage . I dont really know about pocketability because i havent held them or if theres much of a difference between them . It'd be good if you could let me know , thanks .

flynnduism wrote: »
    Legend is good, I have one and recommend it. The Desire is a better spec but also a bit pricier

But if theres 20euro in the difference which would you go for?

But if theres 20euro in the difference which would you go for?

No question - go for the Desire.

long_b wrote: »
    No question - go for the Desire.

Yeah , carphone warehouse are doin the deal by the way , and thats without trade . I asked them myself on facebook cause i thought it was too good to be true , the cheapest i could find it elsewhere was 450 on pixmania .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have the option of a desire for 340 euro or the legend for 320 euro both simfree , which do you think I should get , bearing in mind that the legend does look savage . I dont really know about pocketability because i havent held them or if theres much of a difference between them . It'd be good if you could let me know , thanks .

I had both and I prefer the Legend. Nicer size and not that much difference in the spec.

Advertisement