Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pimp My Chopper

• 11-11-2008 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭

Anyone ever re-vamp a vintage bike? Ive got a proper MkII Chopper thats in bits. Thought I had a guy to do the whole thing but it fell through. I remember someone talking about a restoration here before but can't find the thread(I'm an I.T. retard)

The frames in good structural nick I think but needs a proper respray. All the chrome needs re-doing too.

This is going to be a long term thing, probably very long term!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

never done it but would love to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Yeah, it's burnin me up just looking at it. Had to dismantle it to get it oiled and greased for storage so now its just a frame and a box of componants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Freewheeling Ed

do the new choppers , use the same tyres as the old one... be a nightmare to find otherwise... ( I would imagine ??)

wouldnt be a chopper without them.

Prefered the Grifter meself ..

although, had a good laugh at me mate who had the chopper, going arse over tit, going down a really steep hill (cos thats the kinda things we did when we were 10. ) The higher axle on the rear , made doing this kinda thing very dodgy

edit : but good luck with that anyway.. and remember, when you get it up and running (hopfully) if you give anyone a go .. you have to remember to say.. " but your not allowed change gears" ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

I think the tyres are from the same moulds as the originals so thats not an issue(I hope!).
    What I really need is to get the frame galvanised and then resprayed. I'll make the gear stick quick release so only I can change gears!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Every time I see or hear about the Chopper I always remember this fat American kid in brittas bay when I were a lad...

We persuaded him to try and jump his cousins chopper over a ditch in the caravan park. "Oh yeah! we've all done it." Down the hill he comes in third gear, trundling along.
    Up the ramp and straight in... Carnage!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Freewheeling Ed

studiorat wrote: »
    Every time I see or hear about the Chopper I always remember this fat American kid in brittas bay when I were a lad...

We persuaded him to try and jump his cousins chopper over a ditch in the caravan park. "Oh yeah! we've all done it." Down the hill he comes in third gear, trundling along.
    Up the ramp and straight in... Carnage!!!

yup, not much good for ramps either..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

yup, not much good for ramps either..

not much good for anything g really, but they were the dogs b******s to have, and everyone wanted one.:D

Advertisement