Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay - Air Mail Issues

Options
  • 22-10-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭

In the last month I have ordered the same item off of 3 different highly rated sellers on Ebay, all 3 have sent out the item now twice using Royal Mails International Standard mail ( formerly Air Mail ).

The problem is that none of the items have arrived, I have checked with the sellers that the address is correct and it is, I find it hard to believe that the item has been lost 6 times, who can I complain to Royal Mail or An Post?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Xenji wrote: »
    In the last month I have ordered the same item off of 3 different highly rated sellers on Ebay, all 3 have sent out the item now twice using Royal Mails International Standard mail ( formerly Air Mail ).

The problem is that none of the items have arrived, I have checked with the sellers that the address is correct and it is, I find it hard to believe that the item has been lost 6 times, who can I complain to Royal Mail or An Post?

You don't. It is up to the sender to contact the post/mail services. You have no contract with the postal service when me the sender has.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Is it coming from outside the EU?
    Is it a controlled/banned/counterfeit item that may be stopped by customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Oryx wrote: »
    Is it coming from outside the EU?
    Is it a controlled/banned/counterfeit item that may be stopped by customs?

They have all been coming from the UK, it is just a small computing part, I just find it strange that I am having the same issue with 3 different people using the same form of delivery.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Xenji wrote: »
    They have all been coming from the UK, it is just a small computing part, I just find it strange that I am having the same issue with 3 different people using the same form of delivery.
    Does it have batteries?

Oryx wrote: »
    Does it have batteries?

No batteries needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Any possibility that your items are going to the wrong address (postie mistake) as I've had this happen a couple of times over the years.

I resent items over and over only to find that the buyer had a sack of undelivered items delivered to someone else.

Buyer should investigate/resend or refund you.

Also, a lot of Chinese sellers list their location as Britain. If they're the cheapest on there it's normally a good indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I've bought similar products from uk sellers on ebay, only to get them posted from China.

Any possibility that your items are going to the wrong address (postie mistake) as I've had this happen a couple of times over the years.

I resent items over and over only to find that the buyer had a sack of undelivered items delivered to someone else.

Buyer should investigate/resend or refund you.

Also, a lot of Chinese sellers list their location as Britain. If they're the cheapest on there it's normally a good indication.
    I've bought similar products from uk sellers on ebay, only to get them posted from China.

Looking back at the sellers, this seems to be the case, quite red faced about it as I have got plenty of things from eBay and never once coped this before, thankfully it has not set me back that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

It's a disgrace really. it's so commonplace that I have reported dozens of sellers but EBay have done nothing about it. I have to STRESS that my listings are located in Europe and still get 20 messages a week asking if the items are coming from China.

You'll most likely receive all three - normally 4-6 weeks for something small. Open a case with PayPal you'll get the stuff for nothing. They'll refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Always pays to check the sellers feedback....if they're chinese there will almost always be a few comments about postage delays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement