Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

upc router

• 17-10-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all....firstly apologies if this question is located in another thread, but I want to know can I get rid off my UPC Cisco router and buy my own?
    Do a fair bit of streaming and don't feel I'm getting best speeds from my own router. Have 120 meg coming in but only getting a fraction of that.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Is the speeds you're getting over wireless or ethernet? UPC don't allow use of other routers in place of their own but if you need better wireless speeds you can plug a router into the UPC modem and do it that way, if you're speed issues are when using ethernet, I recommend contacting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

elnino35 wrote: »
    Hi all....firstly apologies if this question is located in another thread, but I want to know can I get rid off my UPC Cisco router and buy my own?
    Do a fair bit of streaming and don't feel I'm getting best speeds from my own router. Have 120 meg coming in but only getting a fraction of that.
    Thanks in advance.

If you are getting only a fraction of that what type of network or wireless card are you using in your machine...as this will affect the speeds you will get this is discussed at length over in the computer section on boards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86195773

Advertisement