Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Are you The_Keith????

I'm only guessing you're referring to a lurking troll.

The answer is no.

Guess I'll have to earn my stripes into the circle of trust for a while yet ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Welcome to the nuthouse, Mr. Spaceman!

PauloMN wrote: »
    Welcome to the nuthouse, Mr. Spaceman!

Yes, I'm getting that impression already!

Always up for a good yarn/debate... especially when it comes to the Rangers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

The answer is no.

Not "a troll" KeithAFC was "thee troll"
    But alas, you are too articulate to be his Newco The_KeithAFC.

Welcome to the loony factory!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Where is he gone anyway? Still not coughed up the €50 I guess? :mad:

Jaysus, imagine Bobby had put a grand down on a new Rangers being in Div 3 back then...... TheKeith would have put his feckin' house down on that bet! :pac: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

The answer is no.

a wee *cough* handshake will suffice ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

you do see the true supporters of a club at times like this

There's an interesting article in the Irish Times this weekend on Rangers and how their absence from the SPL will affect Celtic.

Just the one factual error where the writer claims Mo Johnston was the first player to feature for both Old Firm clubs. He wasn't.

The use of the 'H' word is rather disappointing though, particularly in the IT. Anyway...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0714/1224320062369.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

*sigh*

Why do journalists feel the need to throw in wrong information, to give people the idea that they know about their topic ?

Rangers never played the day after Kennedy was shot, and I highly doubt there would be booing, just because he was a Catholic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I agree with you.

Of course I don't believe a Rangers-hater is going to be convinced regardless of what I try and explain.

While I'm honest enough to accept what goes with a certain element of our support, I'm not going to let lies and bull**** go unchallenged.

Ideally, I'd prefer not to of course and simply talk football.

Hopefully.

thats a reference to my post i presume. So what exactly were the lies and bull**** i posted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    *sigh*

Why do journalists feel the need to throw in wrong information, to give people the idea that they know about their topic ?

Rangers never played the day after Kennedy was shot, and I highly doubt there would be booing, just because he was a Catholic.

ffs dont be so pedantic, he was quoting someone else. And why would there have been a minutes silence anyway?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

It's just a pet-hate of mine, these things are very easy to check and it shows lazyness from the journalist that he includes it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

However, his inststance on using "The Rangers" instead of "Rangers" now seems strangely prophetic.....

delos wrote: »
    However, his inststance on using "The Rangers" instead of "Rangers" now seems strangely prophetic.....

Also prophetic that he was unable to pay his debts and disappeared as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm not questioning the why. I know why. It was said that Rangers wouldn't be allowed continue to play in Scotland. I simply said that Cardiff and Swansea both continue to play in Wales. If its not an issue for them, why would it be an issue for Rangers if they ever looked to swap leagues? Obviously it isn't a big an issue as is being claimed.

Cardiff and Swansea did play in the Welsh FA Cup, but once the league in Wales was set up they were invited to join that league system, they said no and remained in the English League system, since this they were unable to play there 1st time in the Welsh FA Cup

donfers wrote: »
    you do see the true supporters of a club at times like this

Times like what? When David Murray initially let everyone know he was selling up and the offer he ended up taking was Craig Whyte's?? Where were Bomber Brown, TBK, RST and other fans groups at this time????

Murray sold them for a pound ffs, one single pound

Do ticketus own ibrokes????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Do ticketus own ibrokes????

The don't own Ibrokes but rumours abound they own Ibrox though Green has denied this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Confirmed that Dundee will replace Rangers in the SPL

SPL Press Release ~ 2012 AGM

At today’s Annual General Meeting of the Scottish Premier League Ralph Topping was unanimously re-elected as independent Non-Executive Chairman.

Steve Brown (St Johnstone FC) and Derek Weir (Motherwell FC) stepped down as SPL Directors.

Ralph Topping commented: “Steve and Derek have given sterling service to the SPL as directors and we are grateful for all their hard work and overall contribution to Scotland’s senior professional football league over the past year.”

Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen FC), Michael Johnston (Kilmarnock FC), Eric Riley (Celtic FC), and Stephen Thompson (Dundee United FC) were unanimously elected as Directors of the SPL to serve alongside Chief Executive Neil Doncaster and Chairman Ralph Topping on the SPL Board for Season 2012/13.

It was agreed that the SPL would work with the Scottish FA, SFL and Rangers to facilitate Rangers FC taking their place in SFL Division 3 this season.

It was agreed that Dundee FC would be invited to fill the space vacated by Rangers FC in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Where is he gone anyway? Still not coughed up the €50 I guess? :mad:

He got perma-site banned I believe.

DB21 wrote: »
    He got perma-site banned I believe.

No, he claimed he was leaving soon but that he would honour the debt. He did indeed leave, but shirked the money owed. I believe his account is still active though, he's just not using it.

He's around, he's opened a few different accounts since he got perma-banned (he was only perma-banned from AH I believe, but AH is probably his life!). There's no doubt he drops by here for a quick digest on The Sevco FC. Hi Keith! Pay your debts. ;)

And before anyone gives it the "moderator privilege abuse" bit, a quick search on the user name reveals plenty of information in AH threads that anyone can see! :)

He's around, he's opened a few different accounts since he got perma-banned (he was only perma-banned from AH I believe, but AH is probably his life!). There's no doubt he drops by here for a quick digest on The Sevco FC. Hi Keith! Pay your debts. ;)

Ah ok, I was unaware of the perma-ban. It was long overdue anyway.
    I've recieved 2 infractions on this site,
    1. For claiming sewer rats would disown El Hadji Diouf
    and
    2. For calling Keith an imbecile

2 statements I continue to stand by. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Ah ok, I was unaware of the perma-ban. It was long overdue anyway.
    I've recieved 2 infractions on this site,
    1. For claiming sewer rats would disown El Hadji Diouf
    and
    2. For calling Keith an imbecile

2 statements I continue to stand by. :D

So are you expecting infractions again then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Also prophetic that he was unable to pay his debts and disappeared as a result.

:D

So are you expecting infractions again then ;)

Sssssshhhhhh!!!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

SPL Press Release ~ 2012 AGM

At today’s Annual General Meeting of the Scottish Premier League Ralph Topping was unanimously re-elected as independent Non-Executive Chairman.

Steve Brown (St Johnstone FC) and Derek Weir (Motherwell FC) stepped down as SPL Directors.

Ralph Topping commented: “Steve and Derek have given sterling service to the SPL as directors and we are grateful for all their hard work and overall contribution to Scotland’s senior professional football league over the past year.”

Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen FC), Michael Johnston (Kilmarnock FC), Eric Riley (Celtic FC), and Stephen Thompson (Dundee United FC) were unanimously elected as Directors of the SPL to serve alongside Chief Executive Neil Doncaster and Chairman Ralph Topping on the SPL Board for Season 2012/13.

It was agreed that the SPL would work with the Scottish FA, SFL and Rangers to facilitate Rangers FC taking their place in SFL Division 3 this season.

It was agreed that Dundee FC would be invited to fill the space vacated by Rangers FC in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

Whatever that means :rolleyes:

Advertisement