Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't foreigners drive properly !!!

Options
  • 10-06-2008 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Anytime I seem to get cut off while driving its ALWAYS by foreigners, last week some black woman sauntering along in the slow lane comes straight in on top of me in the fast lane, no indicator, no look...nothing, I jammed on and skidded to about 2 feet of her car (which was already full of dents) I pulled along side her at the next lights and she's lookin at me as if nothing happened and she hadn't just nearly caused a major crash

honestly, whats the story with these eejits, where did they learn to drive and how on earth did they get a license, I don't know how they drive in Africa but they wanna fuukin snap happy on the roads over here, how are they even let on the roads

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

motors forum, and i can see banning sticks being brought out on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

In before lock, and it is the persistence of unaccompanied L-Drivers on the road that is the bigger problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

Just because someone is black doesn't make them foreign!

Back on topic:
    In one way it could be to do with the fact that they are used to driving on the opposite side of the road in most instances. Imagine how most drivers here would get on if they drove on the left side of the car on the right side of the road. Failing that it could be because it is so easy to get a license over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Ooooohh someone is gonna be banned over this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

ibtl :D:rolleyes::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Exactly, an African woman. It has nothing to do with their nationality, it's their gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

But hang on, Michael Schumacher can drive pretty well, and he's foreign. In fact, from the perspective of an Irish person, almost everyone else in the world is a foreigner! :eek:

You almost had me with your convincing, well-thought-out argument in your first post, but now I'm all confused...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

IBTL

I understand to a point, black does NOT mean foreign but I have to say I have never come across a black woman who was competent on the road. I don't understand it all. I would never say all women are bad drivers or all black people are bad drivers, but black women just seem to be terribly unconcerned drivers. I have been cut in on more than one occasion like the OP.

Btw, I know many "foreigners" who are much better drivers than a lot of muppets on our roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭KINGofHEARTS

Nothing to ban over, just stating a factual story of what has happened to me a good few times,

and you know by looking at them that they are foreign

polish for example, spot them a mile away, nothing wrong with them ... just a fact that you know one as soon as you see them

I have been cut up a good few times by foreigners and just thought I'd post it here as to why it always seems to be them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Not great drivers in Italy. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Sits back with a can of beer and a packet of popcorn:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

BJC wrote: »
    I understand to a point, black does NOT mean foreign but I have to say I have never come across a black woman who was competent on the road.

See, black women drive like this: ba-doom-doom-cha, ba-doom-doom-cha, and white women drive like this: dee-di-dee-di-dee, dee-di-dee...
    dsmythy wrote: »
    Not great drivers in Italy.

I always thought Italian drivers must be excellent - the fact that they constantly fly around like maniacs, yet live to fly around like maniacs another day must surely be a testament to their quick reflexes and skillful control.
    polish for example, spot them a mile away, nothing wrong with them ...

Actually, I have it on pretty good authority that th' t'k urr jurrrbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Dammit.

Ok ok, the secrets out... we, as a nation, hired them to try to get you off the road, we find its the best solution for racist people.

We have failed people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The majority of Irish drivers are f*cking sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

FruitLover wrote: »
    But hang on, Michael Schumacher can drive pretty well, and he's foreign

Yeah but he's a member of the master race.

BJC wrote: »
    IBTL

I understand to a point, black does NOT mean foreign but I have to say I have never come across a black woman who was competent on the road. I don't understand it all. I would never say all women are bad drivers or all black people are bad drivers, but black women just seem to be terribly unconcerned drivers. I have been cut in on more than one occasion like the OP.

Btw, I know many "foreigners" who are much better drivers than a lot of muppets on our roads.

Ok, thats a nicer way to say it then, but this woman WAS FOREIGN... without a doubt, one of those big clourful dresses and hats to match, hardly the apparell of a dubliner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

FruitLover wrote: »
    But hang on, Michael Schumacher can drive pretty well, and he's foreign. In fact, from the perspective of an Irish person, almost everyone else in the world is a foreigner! :eek:

You almost had me with your convincing, well-thought-out argument in your first post, but now I'm all confused...

He drives on a track though, so that gets rid of the problem of a "wrong side":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

and you know by looking at them that they are foreign

Who the Blacks or the foreigners? You don't seem to consider poles as foreigners, or maybe they are a different type of foreigner? In which case please specify who cuts you up in your original post.

sueme wrote: »
    Dammit.

Ok ok, the secrets out... we, as a nation, hired them to try to get you off the road, we find its the best solution for racist people.

We have failed people.

Who ya callnig racist ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes, black people lack the driving gene. It's science! :D

menoscemo wrote: »
    Who the Blacks or the foreigners? You don't seem to consider poles as foreigners, or maybe they are a different type of foreigner? In which case please specify who cuts you up in your original post.

Niall stop trolling wiil ya, did I not mention poles a few posts back, re read the thread before ya post non sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Why can't foreigners drive properly.
    they prefer to drive on the right side.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

polish for example, spot them a mile away, nothing wrong with them ... just a fact that you know one as soon as you see them

I would imagine most already have a licence before they come to live & work in ireland. I work with a couple of spanish people and they always ask about english phrase or words, they can't really speak great english so i can't understand how they can read road signs.

I think most irish in this country are terrible drivers, especially women. Maybe I’ll be accused of being sexist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

i Would Imagine Most Already Have A Licence Before They Come To Live & Work In Ireland. I Work With A Couple Of Spanish People And They Always Ask About English Phrase Or Words, They Can't Really Speak Great English So I Can't Understand How They Can Read Road Signs.

I Think Most Irish In This Country Are Terrible Drivers, Especially Women. Maybe I’ll Be Accused Of Being Sexist.

sexist!

Abigayle wrote: »

Wasn't funny the first time either :p

micmclo wrote: »
    I'd agree with there though it's risky to say it. Maybe they are inexperienced and only started learning. Doesn't excuse it though.

Slow lane? Fast lane? Pick up your rules of the road and it's a driving lane and an overtaking lane. Maybe you are an excellent driver OP but your post shows a lack of some knowledge

I lack knowledge because I didn't use those terms, shut up will ya, don't be so ridiculous, you obviously got the just of wat I was saying though didn't ya..or is it didn't you...which phrase would you prefer

Not you, anyway, I'm sure. No chance! It's not as though you tarred an entire race and/or population of a continent with the same brush, or anything...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

emm....

begins with a K... and ends with a ban?

Advertisement