Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Geneva's Where?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭EcoGirl

English colleague, based in England, to me in Ireland: "What time zone are you in over there?"

Another time, another person: "Oh, do you have different money over there?"

American who took me for English, and I told him I was Irish. "Well, you sure speak English pretty good". (Gooder than him anyway!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OP fails

How's that then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Two French guys came over to visit a French ex of mine... they changed their euros to sterling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

dublindude wrote: »
    Two French guys came over to visit a French ex of mine... they changed their euros to sterling...

haha! sacre bleu!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭markontap

I was in Eddie Rockets with an ex-girlfriend. She was very surprised to find out that her buffalo wings had in fact come from chickens, and not buffalos... You couldn't come up with it if you tried..:pac:
    She did have fantastic breasts though god bless her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

markontap wrote: »
    I was in Eddie Rockets with an ex-girlfriend. She was very surprised to find out that her buffalo wings had in fact come from chickens, and not buffalos... You couldn't come up with it if you tried..:pac:

<snip>Might be a bit too surreal for After Hours</snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

My sister is married to a Swiss guy and has lived there for years.

However, loads of people ask if she speaks Swedish!! And if her husband is Swedish.

The mind boggles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

My friend,who was BORN IN AMERICA, couldn't find Florida on a map!
    When I told the same friend I knew a girl from Down he paused and said "What? There's a COUNTY DOWN?" :rolleyes: (He's been living in Ireland most of his life and he never heard of Down!!)

Thing is, he's a fairly smart person just not the best at the ole Geography!
    elmolesto wrote: »

That's hilarious and worrying in equal amounts.
    Was that Kellie Pickler off of American Idol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Love the facial expressions of the host. (Slater from saved by the bell clone)

That's hilarious and worrying in equal amounts.
    Was that Kellie Pickler off of American Idol?
    The funny thing there is the audience is quiet when she says Europe is a country, they don't have a clue either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Sherifu wrote: »
    Love the facial expressions of the host. (Slater from saved by the bell clone)

The funny thing there is the audience is quiet when she says Europe is a country, they don't have a clue either...

OOhhhh that's possibly even worse than the first youtube clip. Classic stuff indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Here's a darts game for you geography boffins (in German ...but you get the idea)

http://www.rtl.de/news/games/europa_dart/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

OOhhhh that's possibly even worse than the first youtube clip. Classic stuff indeed.

It's even funnier with subtitles! :D:D
    Not only to you get to hear the mind numbing stupidity, you get to see it too!

Advertisement