Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AluClad windows

Options
  • 13-03-2014 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

got 2 prices recently from <snip> windows. One of them was almost twice the price of the other its crazy! Anyone got any experience with Aluclad windows from these companies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

which way around was the pricing, the former double the latter (or vice versa) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

I seen something similar with my quotes too -<snip> Apart from glazing (double Vs triple) - there appeared little difference. When asked for Triple glazing, <snip> still came back far cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

<snip> is there that much difference in their products? we've only priced triple glazed

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bubbling

Good thread!

What about <snip> from a cost and quality perspective? Has anyone any experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

Bubbling wrote: »
    Good thread!

What about <snip> rom a cost and quality perspective? Has anyone any experience?

I have some <snip> Aluclad in my house and they are a good solid window.

One thing/tip is that I would not put aluclad on North facing windows as condensation build up occurs there most often and some moisture trickles down onto the wood. Over a long period I'd say that this would affect the window timber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

@Naux - we are fixing alot of our north facing windows as we are going for a Heat Recovery system and in theory we should not be opening any windows on a daily basis. So I presume you wont get condensation as you describe?

we priced MJ for 2 sliders in the beginning along with windows in uPVC range and the sliders themselves were coming in more than<snip> so we did not bother with them when we decided to go with AluClad for all windows and sliders.

sat down last night with 2 quotes <snip> and though there huge difference in price there is also big difference in likes of thermal efficiency between the two. and some of our windows and doors quoted from <snip> were only doubled glazed. we thought we were being quoted for triple throughout and now told they cannot do them all in triple. so just make sure you go through quote for each window very thoroughly.

fifib wrote: »
    @Naux - we are fixing alot of our north facing windows as we are going for a Heat Recovery system and in theory we should not be opening any windows on a daily basis. So I presume you wont get condensation as you describe?

we priced <snip>for 2 sliders in the beginning along with windows in uPVC range and the sliders themselves were coming in more than <snip> so we did not bother with them when we decided to go with AluClad for all windows and sliders.

sat down last night with 2 quotes from <snip>and though there huge difference in price there is also big difference in likes of thermal efficiency between the two. and some of our windows and doors quoted from <snip>were only doubled glazed. we thought we were being quoted for triple throughout and now told they cannot do them all in triple. so just make sure you go through quote for each window very thoroughly.

I don't have the MHRV so I don't know about condensation in that case?? Some one on here will no doubt have the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

@Naux - were your <snip> double glazed or triple?

Condensation on the inside should be less for triple I would say.

tedimc wrote: »
    @Naux - were your <snip> double glazed or triple?

Condensation on the inside should be less for triple I would say.

Double, north facing and its in a shaded area as well( until I get around to getting the chainsaw out)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

We have also had good quotes from <snip> read forum charter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jpburkex1

Anyone PM me experiences of Aluclad suppliers in West of Ireland.?
    Which is best ?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Sarah3

jpburkex1 wrote: »
    Anyone PM me experiences of Aluclad suppliers in West of Ireland.?
    Which is best ?

PM me please too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jpburkex1

Hi Sarah,
    Have you tried anyone yet.?
    _snip_ and waiting Quote from all.

If you have any other experiances please let me know.

Joe

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

Please everyone read the charter. If companies are going to keep getting quoted this thread will have to close

Advertisement