Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Norwich KO 1245pm

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

eagle eye wrote: »
    The big problem for Arsenal today was the midfield which was non-existent for most of the game. People are blaming the referee and the defense. The defense got no protection at all. Referee was terrible but it balanced out over the 90 minutes I think.

Didnt see the game so cant comment but sounds like the ref had an absolute stinker. Fair enough it balanced out over the 90 mins but surely the ref has to be punished for his disgraceful performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Didnt see the game so cant comment but sounds like the ref had an absolute stinker. Fair enough it balanced out over the 90 mins but surely the ref has to be punished for his disgraceful performance.

Have to agree with what eagle said, we were terrible for most of the game. The penalty decisions most notably the RVP one but if would have been bad refing as Ger'donkey'ho was offside.

The Ref was poor but so were we.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

eagle eye wrote: »
    The big problem for Arsenal today was the midfield which was non-existent for most of the game. People are blaming the referee and the defense. The defense got no protection at all. Referee was terrible but it balanced out over the 90 minutes I think.
    Yup. i can see why people dont rate Song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Yup. i can see why people dont rate Song

there's posts in this thread lauding him for the amount of assists he had.
    Not what a DM should be doing at all, hopefully a proper one is signed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Just finished watching extended highlights of this. What an entertaining game. Fair play to Norwich for going for it and playing some nice stuff in the process. I watched them at Old Trafford earlier in the season and they played well that day too, and were undone by a couple of late goals after Pilkington missed a great chance.

The ref was poor but Arsenal can't complain as he was rubbish for both teams. Arsenal had some glorious chances to win it in the 2nd half but that would have been harsh on Norwich.

Take RVP out of that side and they are pretty ordinary.

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

take him out & they'd have scored 2 goals less than liverpool & probably be around the same position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

But we have him, so you know, that's irrelevant really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Take Rooney out of United, take Ronaldo out of Madrid, take any clubs best player away and they obviously won't be as good. Hardly a shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

In fairness, we've taken out Nasri, Clichy, Fabregas & Wilshere and pretty much maintained our mediocrity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

L'prof wrote: »
    In fairness, we've taken out Nasri, Clichy, Fabregas & Wilshere and pretty much maintained our mediocrity!

I would even go as far to say we've improved our mediocrity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

Thats a fair point, I'm sure people said the same thing last year - "Take Fabregas out of that team and they're nothing" etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I was working at the game and I have to say it was one of the best I've been to in quite a while. I see a lot of people singling out the ref but that doesn't hide the fact that Arsenal defenders couldn't handle Holt at all, midfield was shocking and strikers had plenty of chances to put us away. Now I see a report that Wenger said that Johnson went out to break Sagna's leg. Sorry, but that is complete rubbish. Johnson checked his run to try and get out of the way but the 2 players collided and was a pure accident. Ramsey, yes he should have been sent off and so Koscielny too when the hop ball took place out side the box and Morision won it and was pulled back.

Arsenal fans weren't exactly behind their team for 90 minutes either. I have to say it was absolutely dreadful support from the home supporters. Norwich fans have been immense all season and looking forward to next weeks game against Villa with no pressure on us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kensutz wrote: »
    I was working at the game and I have to say it was one of the best I've been to in quite a while. I see a lot of people singling out the ref but that doesn't hide the fact that Arsenal defenders couldn't handle Holt at all, midfield was shocking and strikers had plenty of chances to put us away. Now I see a report that Wenger said that Johnson went out to break Sagna's leg. Sorry, but that is complete rubbish. Johnson checked his run to try and get out of the way but the 2 players collided and was a pure accident. Ramsey, yes he should have been sent off and so Koscielny too when the hop ball took place out side the box and Morision won it and was pulled back.

Arsenal fans weren't exactly behind their team for 90 minutes either. I have to say it was absolutely dreadful support from the home supporters. Norwich fans have been immense all season and looking forward to next weeks game against Villa with no pressure on us.

They get on their back far too much, its a stadium that has no atmosphere at all.

Highbury was far better.

They get on their back far too much, its a stadium that has no atmosphere at all.

Highbury was far better.

does anyone know the reason for this?

I kinda think myself that a lot of people who have season tickets/go to matches and are living in london are just going there for the style of football arsenal were playing regularly a few seasons back.
    Sort of like if you moved to barcelona you wouldn't be looking for a season ticket for espanyol

another reason could be which is mentioned is on the wiki page bit about supporters is that the fan base comes from well off, mixed & working class areas due to the location of the club

the away fans are v.good though & can often be heard out singing the home team but highbury was also known as the highbury library so it's not an emirates exclusive problem

Been to Highbury too and I can say the fans were the same at that. Completely silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Been to Highbury too and I can say the fans were the same at that. Completely silent.

I was a regular at Highbury in the 1970s and in the North Bank you couldn't hear yourself think with the noise.
    I think Arsenal has become a bit of a yuppy club with the price of the season tickets as many of the ordinary fans cannot afford them. I know many who go to the away games as they can't get tickets or afford the home ones. The fans seem to be louder when away.
    The all-seater stadium is also a factor I think as the atmosphere was better when you were standing and crammed together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

batistuta9 wrote: »
    does anyone know the reason for this?

I kinda think myself that a lot of people who have season tickets/go to matches and are living in london are just going there for the style of football arsenal were playing regularly a few seasons back.
    Sort of like if you moved to barcelona you wouldn't be looking for a season ticket for espanyol

another reason could be which is mentioned is on the wiki page bit about supporters is that the fan base comes from well off, mixed & working class areas due to the location of the club

the away fans are v.good though & can often be heard out singing the home team but highbury was also known as the highbury library so it's not an emirates exclusive problem

Your away fans are very good has be said alright.

I dont know if ts your stadium design or what, just not same as Highbury.

been to Emirates 4 times and been disappointed each time, but time I went to Highbury the atmosphere was immense.

When I was outside the stadium waiting to go in there was a queue of people waiting to get tickets. They opened up around 9:45 and then told those waiting that the only tickets were £178.50, to see the look on families face drop was quite startling. Lots of people started pleading with them but they were having none of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its mostly ticket prices. I've been to home and away games and the atmosphere at away games is cracking, the fans are proper football fans and not the yuppy brigade you get at the Emirates. Cant see it changing though, prices are only getting higher.

When I was outside the stadium waiting to go in there was a queue of people waiting to get tickets. They opened up around 9:45 and then told those waiting that the only tickets were £178.50, to see the look on families face drop was quite startling. Lots of people started pleading with them but they were having none of it.
    Absolute scandal. Greed.

• Advertisement

what are standard ticket prices in england for the top/big 6 teams though?
    i know they'll all be different but a rough estimate.

last time i was over paid £40 for the ticket but this was near the back on the top tier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Now I see a report that Wenger said that Johnson went out to break Sagna's leg. Sorry, but that is complete rubbish. Johnson checked his run to try and get out of the way but the 2 players collided and was a pure accident.

Sagna saying that he thinks Johnson kicked him on purpose (which is all I've read) is a completely different thing altogether to Wenger saying he tried to break his leg.

Sagna saying that he thinks Johnson kicked him on purpose (which is all I've read) is a completely different thing altogether to Wenger saying he tried to break his leg.

From reports in Norwich it said Wenger thought Johnson went out to do Sagna.

these could have been tickets for the club level/ executive box maybe?

going by this the dearest tickets are for the centre upper £100 (Category A) www.arsenal.com/membership/buy-tickets

From reports in Norwich it said Wenger thought Johnson went out to do Sagna.

Third paragraph from the bottom explains what Wenger said. Not as reported in Norwich.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17974559

Advertisement