Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gingerbread 2.3.4 for Nexus S out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Kinda do want, but am pretty sure this will gimp my volume back to legal levels :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Engadget are saying to only update the "i9020T (the AWS-equipped model)".

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/29/nexus-s-2-3-4-update-now-available-to-early-adopters-via-manual/

I have the car phone warehouse version of the Nexus S, and my model number on the back says GT-i9020.

Has anybody updated their Irish bought ones?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does this bring voice to Google talk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Does this bring voice to Google talk?

Yep, voice and video chat.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sorry, I meant video.

• Advertisement

has anyone installed it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

Its only being rolled out to certain builds of Nexus

The manual update, for lots of different models can be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056062

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Hopefully this will fix the video probems. :)

I installed and it fixed the wifi/3G bug. The video chat for Gtalk is really good also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

FYI - Thought this would be useful.

To update the phone you need to do a 2 stage update :-

Upgrade from 2.3.1(GRH78 build) to 2.3.3 (GRI40) - I used the link below to get the files

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/02/24/google-releases-android-2-3-3-update-zip-for-nexus-one-and-nexus-s/

Then upgrade from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4(GRJ22 build)

I used this link

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04/30/dont-wait-for-the-ota-update-your-nexus-s-to-android-2-3-4-manually-gri40-grj22/

Took about 10 minutes all told and working well so far.

Thanks

I gotz video chat in my google talk. Works very well over wifi, is a bit laggy over 3g tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This is also now available for the N1 albeit without video chat obviously.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/05/02/nexus-one-owners-its-your-turn-download-android-2-3-4-now-gri40-grj22/

Just manually updated now. Mainly bug fixes apparently.

Anyone who applied the update for the Nexus S, Has your device been wiped or is everything still as it was before ya started?

thanks, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

Just updated manually this evening. All good. Nothing was wiped. Exactly as it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

God speed Team Douche.

EDIT:CM7 updated too 2.3.4

racer1 wrote: »
    Just updated manually this evening. All good. Nothing was wiped. Exactly as it was.

cheers for the reply, just in the process of updating at the moment, one thing i notice is the nexus boot logo has really been sped up. :D

Edit: Im not liking the yellowish tint its put on my screen, it almost looks less bright or something???

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Update just became available OTA for me a minute ago...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Hecklar wrote: »
    Anyone who applied the update for the Nexus S, Has your device been wiped or is everything still as it was before ya started?

I installed it yesterday - Everything is exactly as it was in terms of my data & settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

lord lucan wrote: »
    This is also now available for the N1 albeit without video chat obviously.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/05/02/nexus-one-owners-its-your-turn-download-android-2-3-4-now-gri40-grj22/

Just manually updated now. Mainly bug fixes apparently.

yup has fixed the thing that annoyed me on the N1 when you plugged in the USB it always had "turn off USB storage" on the button whether connected or not.

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    yup has fixed the thing that annoyed me on the N1 when you plugged in the USB it always had "turn off USB storage" on the button whether connected or not.

I had this on the Nexus S, really got to me too even though it's such a stupid small thing!

Hecklar wrote: »

I installed manually, had a custom rom beforehand (cm7). I chose to wipe the phone because of this. However, the "google backup" thingy worked a charm, once I signed into my account on the newly wiped phone it auto-recovered all my settings and apps!! Very impressed, hadn't used this feature before.

I had this on the Nexus S, really got to me too even though it's such a stupid small thing!

stupid small thing that you don't often even see unless at computer...but yes as with you i used to go mad at it. how it was missed I have no idea prior to release?!?!:confused:

eoferrall wrote: »
    stupid small thing that you don't often even see unless at computer...but yes as with you i used to go mad at it. how it was missed I have no idea prior to release?!?!:confused:

I had that but it was only on the first boot or two, its gone now and everything is working fine. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Isn't available for me OTA...... On O2. Any advantage to updating OTA instead@ of manually?

bigslick wrote: »
    Isn't available for me OTA...... On O2. Any advantage to updating OTA instead@ of manually?

no advantage... well only one I can think of is that you can blame the network etc if it goes wrong easier?

So its been available a while now, many people have updated manually but has it all gone swimmingly for those who did?

Anyone who was around when the first Nexus S thread was going around would have seen i had the issue where the handset would randomly become unresponsive and would reboot back to the Nexus logo for no reason. The change log with this latest edition says that was specifically addressed yet for the first time in a while, I had it again yesterday.

I'm not sure why, but it appears the camera is no longer as good as it used to be, the focus seems to be out of whack and the yellowy hue off the screen still hasn't grown on me.

Anyone else have any issues with this lastest version?

Advertisement