Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Indiana Jones Movie

• 06-06-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭

The evil Russki/Ukranian woman was hot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Removed spoiler ;)
    (Why deny others what we experienced?)

Cate Blanchett - meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

She definetly looks like someone who'd be like "you'll stop when I tell you to"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Karoma wrote: »
    Removed spoiler ;)
    (Why deny others what we experienced?)

Cate Blanchett - meh.

That was Cate Blanchett? MMM

I stand by my removed comment. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

She was wearing a pair of grey proletarian overalls? Is that what the young people like these days, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

It was a crap movie no matter who was in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

She was wearing a pair of grey proletarian overalls? Is that what the young people like these days, huh?

It wasn't exactly standard issue soviet gear :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,062 ✭✭✭DenMan

The reds weren't too pleased back home. Said she wasn't portrayed the way should have been. Wonder how they would have portrayed her. Have to see the movie, looking forward to it. Come on Indy!

DenMan wrote: »
    The reds weren't too pleased back home. Said she wasn't portrayed the way should have been. Wonder how they would have portrayed her. Have to see the movie, looking forward to it. Come on Indy!

It's a good one.

I can just see George Lucas inputting his views on the movie to Speilberg.
    Speilberg: There, it's finished!
    George Lucas: are there any aliens in it?
    Speilburg: No
    Lucas: Ah come on, put some Aliens in it!
    Spielberg: Ugh fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

It's a good one.

etc......
    Stephen McPhail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I loved it. As soon as the theme tune started I loved it. I love all the movies and it could have been utter crap and I still would have loved it, just cos its Indy.:) I'm easily pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

She just reminded me of Ivana Humpalot from Austin Powers, then came the flashing red homing beacons and further underlined this link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Aliens? What were they thinking?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Spoilerific. It was shit. The end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

any scene from the old Indiana Jones movies > this entire monkey swinging blingy skull Space ship CGI infested ****ity ****

I mean Whaaa daaa **** ?!
    John Hurt well known and respected actor completely wasted in this wreck of a movie.

That made the whole thing as weak as a bridge made outta butter in the hot summer with lepers doing the maintenance while being attacked by hungry rats, with bus loads of school children on their way to see the movie fall off the bridge and survive only to be raped by the lepers and eaten alive at the same time by the rats.

All in all id prefer getting stabbed than sitting though this again.

There i saved you a couple of euros, thank me later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Um...wrong forum, surely?

Ah, we've all become cynical I see. Was it Phantom Menace bad? (if it was Lucas' fault)? Was it Hook bad? (if it was the Bergs fault)? No, it was uneven, three star entertainment. Relax folks, Batman will be by in a minute :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

If this film didn't have the Indy name attached to it, it would be slammed by the critics.
    The nostalga of the old films made the critics forgive its many many flaws.
    IMO it was a terrible film, it was like watching "The Mummy" with Indy in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Damnit people, this is not the Film forum. This is a discussion about a (supposedly) hot woman, not the crappy crap movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This is a discussion about a (supposedly) hot woman

I'd suck her cock. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

A mate wants to go see this tonight,i want to go for pints. After reading all above comments i think pints are sounding like the better choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

It's a good one.

George Lucas: are there any aliens in it?
    Speilburg: No
    Lucas: Ah come on, put some Aliens in it!
    Spielberg: Ugh fine.

Yes because Spielberg (director of "AI", "War of the Worlds", "ET" and "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind") clearly *doesn't* get the horn everytime there's an opportunity to put
    aliens
    in his movies. :rolleyes:

Back on topic the Russian was quite hot. I watched the scene where she crushes an ant between her knees and imagined her doing the same thing to my head. Nice....

• Advertisement

Yes because Spielberg (director of "AI", "War of the Worlds", "ET" and "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind") clearly *doesn't* get the horn everytime there's an opportunity to put
    aliens
    in his movies. :rolleyes:

Christ, learn when people are being serious on the internet and when they aren't.

Extra points for the original use of the rolleyes.

Christ, learn when people are being serious on the internet and when they aren't.
    Yeah yeah whatever. You made a stupid point and now you're backtracking because you realise it.
    Extra points for the original use of the rolleyes.

Not a fan or the Rolleyes in general but sometimes when a point is as stupid as yours it unfortunately calls for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Damnit people, this is not the Film forum. This is a discussion about a (supposedly) hot woman, not the crappy crap movie.

This is what she looks like when she takes off her grey boiler suits and gets done up :eek:

http://thesuperficial.com/2007/05/cate-blanchett-skeleton.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I have not seen the movie - heard it was **** but whats this stuff about
    Aliens
    ? Seems to me they might have ruined the whole trilogy with just one film.

Yeah yeah whatever. You made a stupid point and now you're backtracking because you realise it.
    You honestly think I thought Lucas was saying that?

Lulz.
    Not a fan or the Rolleyes in general but sometimes when a point is as stupid as yours it unfortunately calls for it.

Ah yeah, I have to bow to your superior knowledge here:rolleyes:

Ah yeah, I have to bow to your superior knowledge here
    As you should.

At least I would if you didn't go into the logic of posts made in jest.;)

darkman2 wrote: »
    I have not seen the movie - heard it was **** but whats this stuff about Aliens? Seems to me they might have ruined the whole trilogy with just one film.
    It was actually pretty good. WOnderfully over the top sword fight and death by ants but IMHO it was a bit ruined by the overly heavy 1950's references.

Still though, had a great jock/greaser rumble in a diner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Minor nerdy point: there's no aliens in A.I. :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement