Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sending texts to multiple people (4.0+)

Options
  • 22-12-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Is there any way to scroll through my contacts and "tick" off multiple contacts to send an SMS to?
    It seems like some fairly basic functionality but I have't managed it yet since upgrading to a JB ROM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Is there any way to scroll through my contacts and "tick" off multiple contacts to send an SMS to?
    It seems like some fairly basic functionality but I have't managed it yet since upgrading to a JB ROM.
    Go SMS does that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Chompsms does too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Can you you not just enter the name of first contact, tap it, tap space beside it and enter name of second contact and so on?

If you get presented with contact list and can't select multiple, maybe long pressing on first will allow you to select multiple.

Really depends on the SMS app on the phone but I've yet to see one that didn't support multiple recipients going back to xperia X8.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭purplegreendave

thebman wrote: »
    Can you you not just enter the name of first contact, tap it, tap space beside it and enter name of second contact and so on?

If you get presented with contact list and can't select multiple, maybe long pressing on first will allow you to select multiple.

Really depends on the SMS app on the phone but I've yet to see one that didn't support multiple recipients going back to xperia X8.
    I can add contacts that way, but when you want to text 20+ people it's cumbersome/I always forget somebody.
    It's weird, I could do it in 2.2 but not in 4.1
    I'd like to use the stock app, apart from this I'm a fan of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭loopymum

I have a HTC one x and I can do it no problem from the JB update, sane as always

Messages compose new message and I on the top right there are people, open and tick how ever many you want or select all from the menu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

but it only allows 10 contacts at a time

Advertisement