Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2012 Darts Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Haha!! Did anyone catch Taylors interview. He was saying he's really trying and he's trying for Sky because he wouldn't be as rich as he is without them. Clarkey says 'well, we'll let you go spend some of that cash so, Phil Taylor everyone!"

As the music came on and the crowd cheered, Taylor covers the mic and says into Clarkey's ear "i'm getting divorced!!" in response to go spend all that cash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

monkey9 wrote: »
    Haha!! Did anyone catch Taylors interview. He was saying he's really trying and he's trying for Sky because he wouldn't be as rich as he is without them. Clarkey says 'well, we'll let you go spend some of that cash so, Phil Taylor everyone!"

As the music came on and the crowd cheered, Taylor covers the mic and says into Clarkey's ear "i'm getting divorced!!" in response to go spend all that cash!!

I'd say he is being taken to the cleaners by his Ex-Mrs - Money is his idol - Must be killing him to hand it over!

There was a documentary on his life a couple of years ago - It was a real insight as what makes him tick!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

Hamilton lost his dad too recently.
    Saw the program on Phil Taylor. Made me really dislike him, he was so mean.

Come on now Lewis, a repeat of last week please.
    I haven't won a bet on the PL this year(though I haven't bet every week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see Anderson has removed The Sun sponsorship from his shirt, a wise move when amongst a Liverpool crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Come on now Lewis, a repeat of last week please.
    I haven't won a bet on the PL this year(though I haven't bet every week)

Fcuk me, its never easy!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can't see past Barney,Lewis,Taylor and Whitlock this week.
    6.6 on Betfair is a decent price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

Simon Whitlock @ 8/13
    Match Betting
    Simon Whitlock v Andy Hamilton Pending €10.00
    Kevin Painter @ 7/2
    Match Betting
    Kevin Painter v Adrian Lewis Pending
    Phil Taylor @ 2/7
    Match Betting
    James Wade v Phil Taylor Pending
    Gary Anderson @ 13/10
    Match Betting
    Gary Anderson v Raymond van Barneveld
    bit of intrest for tonight

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Can't see past Barney,Lewis,Taylor and Whitlock this week.
    6.6 on Betfair is a decent price.
    :rolleyes: That didn't last long.Can't win a shilling on this premier league.

Good to see Gary back in some bit of form.
    Some nice ton plus outs from R.V.B.

• Advertisement

Sid is funny fcuker

Sid- "I heard Anderson threw his darts in the pond"..

- "There probably still there"

Sid- "No, he missed"

Phil Taylor is playing a blinder here!

Only getting home now and just put it onn.I can't believe Whitlock was beaten by Hamilton again!!! :rolleyes:

He should still be pretty through though?

Actually i see Whitlock is offically through! Good stuff!!

Feel sorry for Anderson - I thought he was making a great comeback but only got the draw.....Whitlock is ok though monkey9.

Taylor is really on a roll...

It'd be a major shock if Taylor didn't win this tournament now. He came into it off form, but it's turned out to be a great warm up for him for the rest of the year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him carry this momentum all the way to the World title in the new year!!!

He's on form monkey9 because the hassle of the split from the wife is over and now he wants to win everything to pay her off (harsh but true - he more or less said so himself) and he is focused enough to do it imo!

Lewis made a hames of his game tonight...Painter was on top form!

He's on form monkey9 because the hassle of the split from the wife is over and now he wants to win everything to pay her off (harsh but true - he more or less said so himself) and he is focused enough to do it imo!

The face on Lewis when Painter checked out on 150 :eek:
    He must have thought he was getting back into it there with a break of throw. :)

You see Olympic athletes being banned for steroid abuse when all you need is to get divorced to enhance your performance!!!

Plenty of exercise, eat the right foods.....oh, and get divorced!!! That's the stuff of champions!!! :)

You see Olympic athletes being banned for steroid abuse when all you need is to get divorced to enhance your performance!!!

Plenty of exercise, eat the right foods.....oh, and get divorced!!! That's the stuff of champions!!! :)

LOL :D:D

Take a look at Laura Church he was thanking tonight - his "nutritionist"...Works for him!!;)

• Advertisement

LOL :D:D

Take a look at Laura Church he was thanking tonight - his "nutritionist"...Works for him!!;)

Ahaha!! This is one of these "Taylor likes to enter church' situations!!!

I'm sure he thanks God one way or the other monkey9!!!!........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Going to go with Lewis (evs) and Painter (13/10) tonight. Both are outsiders in their games. Lewis needs the win and should perform under pressure. Decent odds for Painter who already beat Hamilton in the Premier League.

lewis
    painter
    wade
    taylor 20 euro pays 230 :D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm in RVB's camp....not for the bet though!;)

Looking forward to the matches tonight - should be a great night. A lot at stake.

Look at Lewis's face.......

Brilliant match to kick off the night with. Whitlock beat Lewis 7-5 and Lewis is out!

M

Brilliant match to kick off the night with. Whitlock beat Lewis 7-5 and Lewis is out!

Yes Whitlock looked like a man posessed, is there any history between the teo? Should make the rest of the games better as theres 2 places still left, Barney v Wade should be great.

Yes Whitlock looked like a man posessed, is there any history between the teo? Should make the rest of the games better as theres 2 places still left, Barney v Wade should be great.

No, no history!! Lewis really respects Whitlock and Whitlock just gets on with everybody! I think Withlock just really wanted to win and cement second place!

• Advertisement

Whitlock avoids Taylor by winning

Epic Barney!!!! Bull!!

D16!.....heart attack!

Poor Barney....great darts!

Oh what a cracker of a match. It literally came down to the final leg, next leg the winner!!!!! Wade came through, they're two players who don't get on though!

M

Game of the tournament for me so far, really wanted Barney to go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭briany

Barney was obviously quite annoyed with himself at the end of that, looking reluctant to shake Wade's hand or do the usual PDC embrace. I wouldn't question the annoyance part of that as Wade was very much there for the taking.

Wade is a weirdo though. What was he sh!ting on about in that post match interview?? He's never ever going to get the crowd on his side the way he goes on. The fact he wants it so much as well is just another factor as to why it won't happen!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

I don't know Wade rarely does any thing that deserves the booing , I picked it up as he didn't mind it so much only not to be doing it at such crucial part of games when there is so much at stake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

wade was dead right fair play to him for sayin it
    why dont him and barney get on?
    nice to see gary anderson back playing well and looking happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭leoch

missed the wade interview why what did he say ....he is a bit of a square alright u couldnt like him if u were only after having him

Think tomorrow night would be a good time to make some money on the P.L. this year :), so....

Double,
    19.15 Simon Whitlock v Andy Hamilton - Hammer @6/4.

20:00 Phil Taylor v James Wade - Power @1/5.

Stick the winnings on Phil to beat Andy by 4 or more legs in the final.

whitlock 8-7 legs 15/2
    taylor 8-5 legs 11/2 5 euro double= 233

Then throw some of your winnings on taylor winning 8-3 in final at a tasty ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Have €5 on an outside bet of Wade beating Whitlock in the final @ 10/1 (which are a bit scabby odds tbh). Never gonna happen but at least I have Sid Waddell to blame when it doesn't.

Damn!!
    Tuned in late and missed the 9 darter :mad:

Wow, great start tonight!!..

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Damn!!
    Tuned in late and missed the 9 darter :mad:

I'm sure they will show it again!. I know, never as good to when you see it live.

What a brilliant match! COME ON THE WIZARD!!!!!

Threw a few quid on Taylor to win 8-2 and 8-3.
    Fell asleep after work and couldn't get a double on as I was too late :o
    Wade has been very pedestrian all through this competition,surprised he made the semis tbh.

His games have let me down so many times on accumulators with his feckin draws so I'm not too confident with any bet with him involved.

I've a sneaking suspicion Whitlock might win this now. That was a great warm up for him, he'll be full of confidence after the nine darter and a superb victory!!

Some poor darts in this one so far.....

Taylor not on form, wade chance to get ahead and you'd think that he needs to be winning before the break.

Wouldn't like to be on 8-2, 8-3 now.

mystic sid, 4-2

• Advertisement
Advertisement