Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social welfare transfere/new baby

Options
  • 31-08-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I have two questions if anyone cud helf me with the answers, would be gratefull...
    Firstly, I am currently living in Lucan area, and getting my jobseekers allowance there, but i am planning on moving to sandyford next month. Will my payments be transferred to Sandyford post office, how is it actually done?

The second second thing is, I am currently 6mths pregnant, and am struggling to buy stuff for the comming baby, as I am single at the moment without a job to support me. I was told by a lady in county council that i can apply for some kind of help moneywise from HSE community welfare, is that true?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

I think this would be better off in the social welfare forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 spicykat

RichardAnd wrote: »
    I think this would be better off in the social welfare forum.

Sorry im only new here, not sure where to post yet, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It is no problem at all to have your claim transferred.
    Go to your office in Lucan and inform them.

You need to make an appointment with the Community Welfare Officer and this might be in the same welfare office or maybe they are in an separate area.
    The CWO is part of Dept of Social Protection, used to be in the HSE but not anymore

Ask where you CWO is next time you are in the welfare office, they will know

spicykat wrote: »
    Sorry im only new here, not sure where to post yet, thanks

I didn't mean that it's off topic, I meant that you'll get better answers in the social welfare board ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You saying my answer was no good Richard :mad:;)

• Advertisement

mikemac wrote: »
    You saying my answer was no good Richard :mad:;)

No, I was saying that if the lady were to post in the other forum, she won't risk being subjected to the ravings of the armchair economists that prowl around here. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Thread moved from politics

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement