Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving back home?

Options
  • 31-08-2011 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, im 24 and I have been on jobseekers benefit for the last 8 months. I have been living dublin for the last 2 years but I am now thinking of moving back home to Westmeath to live with my parents. Will I encounter much difficulty in getting my payment changed to Westmeath? Will they process the change of address immediately or am I likely to be means tested as I will be living with my parents? How long would this take?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

adevvabr wrote: »
    Hi, im 24 and I have been on jobseekers benefit for the last 8 months. I have been living dublin for the last 2 years but I am now thinking of moving back home to Westmeath to live with my parents. Will I encounter much difficulty in getting my payment changed to Westmeath? Will they process the change of address immediately or am I likely to be means tested as I will be living with my parents? How long would this take?

Thanks for any help!

you will have no problem transferring your payment back but as you are 24 you will be means tested against your parents income, if you were 25 or over this would not be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

As you are in receipt of jobseekers benefit you will continue to get the rate of payment that you are on until your benefit expires. If at that time you are <25 your parents means will be assessed for jobseekers allowance which is means tested but as soon as you reach 25 this will no longer be the case.

Advertisement