Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arnova GBOOK (Android 4.0.x ICS) Tablet

Options
  • 29-12-2012 4:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I got one of these as a present at Christmas not knowing about the fatal ad hoc WiFi hotspot flaw inherent in the devices.

I use (mainly) a Mac mini running 10.8.2 Mountain Lion tethered to my Nokia E63 host running Joiku Hotspot Premium v.3.2.0 for mobile broadband (TescoMobile). This works well usually but can be dodgy in high winds (effects on mast presumably).

I have used the GBOOK with fixed line broadband and it worked well. Now that I'm home I'm kinda snookered.

I've downloaded and installed WiFi Manager on the tablet to try to overcome the problem and while this "sees" the E63 network, even after entering the 128-bit ASCII password it won't connect to the internet.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me surmount this very surprising problem?

Thanks.

Advertisement