Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you eat breakfast?

• 17-12-2009 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

I havent in about 6 years except the very rare occasion. Think its from smoking...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Breakfast is a state of mind, not a time of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

most important meal fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Does a cream donut and a latte count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

well done....I do anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Cheerios every morning for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,697 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What exactly defines breakfast?

Is it the first meal of the day? If so, then you always eat breakfast.

Okay, lets say it must be eaten before 12 noon. Yes, I mostly do eat breakfast.
    Usually toast, or cereal, or boiled eggs. Coffee, fruit etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Only at the weekends. I know its bad not to but i never feel hungry until about 12 noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

Nope. Straight to lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Porridge,with a chopped banana and honey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

i had breakfast this morning and i felt a million bucks at 9 usually im groggy til about ten. i may start eatin it all the time if i can resist the snooze button. damn you nokia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Course I do. No good in the mornings without at the very least a bowl of cornflakes. Nothing quite like a good breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kerah86

Black coffee and a cigarette...i prefer my extra 20 mins in bed instead of gettin up to make breakfast :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Kiera wrote: »
    Only at the weekends. I know its bad not to but i never feel hungry until about 12 noon.

It's a total myth that not eating food when you wake up is bad for you in any shape or form. The same way that it's a myth, that eating late at night makes you fat.. that particular misnomer started with studies in Sweden, donkey's years ago, that studied overweight women. They concluded that as they all appeared to eat before bedtime, that this was the cause of their obesity.

They failed to note that they also ate the whole day through aswell & sat on their fat asses as they did so.

And in answer to the OP's question - no I don't eat breakfast, but I won't function without 2/3 cups of coffee & a fag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Porridge and Honey mostly maybe special K sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭sogg

It takes me a while to wake up in the morning so I wait til I'm in work, about 9.30/ 10ish normally.....porridge if I'm feeling hungry, weetabix if I'm not! Love an auld bowl of coco pops at the weekend though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Just never have an appetite in the morning. although a fry up at about three on a sunday afternoon sure hits the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Does yore ma count as breakfast? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jameson4me

nope.... bed till 7:50 and rush to work for 8.
    Tea at ten and first bit of food at one.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Kiera wrote: »
    Yeh im the same
    Sitec wrote: »
    the snooze button. damn you nokia.
    and thats the reason. The snooze button...best and worst invention ever!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

R0ot wrote: »
    Does yore ma count as breakfast? :pac:
    Eating my ma would count as Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Supper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Very very rarely leave the house without eating, unless I've had no sleep or I'm in an almighty rush. Generally toast and peanutbutter, or cereal or porridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I got up this morning at 8.20, left the house at 8.45 for school and still had time for breakfast. It's a fine art all this time management:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Favourite meal of the day :D

Have had a cooked breakfast of some description every morning for the last 4 years, no way could i survive without it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eatchicken

Although I'm not great for getting out of bed in the mornings, I do eat breakfast all the time. Crunchy nut, Contry Store, Weetabix, Fruit 'n Nut.

If I'm running late, I munch on those breakfast bars that you see selling in the news agents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

These days, no I don't, but I feel incredibly guilty about it.

I'm not even sure why/whom towards? :confused:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Workday routine - up at 6. Cycle the 23km to work, shower, and then tuck into a large bowl of porridge. Keeps me going until lunchtime, which is not bad going, given my bike ride normally burns off getting on for 1,000 calories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Couldn't operate without brekkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Yeh I love breakfast.

A typical breakfast for me would be a whole pineapple and 4 bannanas or a melon and 4 apples or 2 big mangos and 4 pears or 7 apples and 5 kiwis etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Beasty wrote: »
    Workday routine - up at 6. Cycle the 23km to work, shower, and then tuck into a large bowl of porridge. Keeps me going until lunchtime, which is not bad going, given my bike ride normally burns off getting on for 1,000 calories.

Seriously? That's amazing, bravo:)

• Advertisement

Havn't eaten breakfast regularly in over 4 years... These days, I get into work for 9 and then have my break around half 11 and that's my first food for the day.

It's just a habit.. If you eat more, you're hungrier quicker. If you eat early, you're hungrier earlier. If you eat late at night, you wake up starving. Well that's how it works for me anyway..

I don't buy into this thing that breakfast is the most important meal of the day thing.. I never bother and I don't think it matters a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Coco Pops every morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Havn't eaten breakfast regularly in over 4 years... These days, I get into work for 9 and then have my break around half 11 and that's my first food for the day.

It's just a habit.. If you eat more, you're hungrier quicker. If you eat early, you're hungrier earlier. If you eat late at night, you wake up starving. Well that's how it works for me anyway..

I don't buy into this thing that breakfast is the most important meal of the day thing.. I never bother and I don't think it matters a bit.

It's definitely important for me, I'm not a healthy person by any means but I'm generally quite hungry when I wake up and even if I can't face food (if I haven't slept well etc), it still throws me off for the day if I don't get some food quicksmart after waking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Every morning, can't live without it, shreddies, corn flakes, bran flakes, sometimes porridge or scrambled egg or a fry up. I'm so hungry in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

A massive bowl of All Bran, nothing fills you up better for the day.......or empties you either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya,Weetabix and Orange Juice.I consider it to be very important.

• Advertisement

It's definitely important for me, I'm not a healthy person by any means but I'm generally quite hungry when I wake up and even if I can't face food (if I haven't slept well etc), it still throws me off for the day if I don't get some food quicksmart after waking

Maybe it's just that I'm never too bothered about food.. Some evenings I'll eat half a bag of monkey nuts and other evenings, I'll make a full dinner for myself. Either way, I'm happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,697 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Best small food to fill you for the longest time is boiled eggs. They are tasty and nourishing and keep you ticking over for 4 or 5 hrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Probiotic yoghurt drink and a bowl of readybrek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 siochan84

Yup breakfast is very important. I have to get up at the ungodly hour of 6am, (kinda hard to eat at that time I find) and I start work at 7.30am....so a bowl of porridge or a slice of toast with cheese and a big mug of tea is a must! Keeps you going for a few hours in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Nettie

Never eat breakfast and haven't for a good few years.

School days, I eat a cereal bar at 11 and that's me started for the day.

Weekends, I can sometimes go 'till 3-7pm without eating and then I have my dinner...

But it totally depends on the day and what I'm doing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I do when i have time. I generally wake up too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Sometimes I have breakfast, it depends on how my morning is going. Sometimes I don't get to sleep 'til 4am so getting up when my alarm goes off is really, really hard. Then I skip breakfast so as not to be late for work!

I love a muesli type cereal from Spar, it's yummy. The odd time I grab a muffin and orange juice on my way to work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I started on the old ready brek there recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

That's because your body is used to the routine of eating when you wake up.

After a few days of a new routine i.e eating later in the morning your body will soon adjust to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

No, the very odd time I might have a cup of coffee but to be honest the thought of eating first thing in the morning makes me want to gag.

Often I could go until lunchtime before I have something to eat, if I'm really busy it could be evening time before I get something & by the time I realise I'm hungry I'm nearly feeling nauseous so something small will hit the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Rock & Roll Breakfasts...

I designed the 02 VIP bar, back when it was the Point Depot - it was finished a week before The Rolling Stones played there. The caterer for the bar served breakfast to them for the 2 days they were there & told me that Keith Richards ordered a fry each morning, ate everything but the egg, then had a fag & put the cigarette out in the yolk.

On the second day, she asked him why he did this, to which he replied.. "I don't like eggs". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I have Weetabix every morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Everyday

Crunchie Nut Cornflakes

Got addicted to them very young and only rarely (when skint) go for something else like plain ol store brand cornflakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Rock & Roll Breakfasts...

I designed the 02 VIP bar, back when it was the Point Depot - it was finished a week before The Rolling Stones played there. The caterer for the bar served breakfast to them for the 2 days they were there & told me that Keith Richards ordered a fry each morning, ate everything but the egg, then had a fag & put the cigarette out in the yolk.

On the second day, she asked him why he did this, to which he replied.. "I don't like eggs". :D

At last us egg-haters have a poster boy (oap) to represent the cause.

I need to eat in the mornings, I'm always hungry and need something small at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

kerah86 wrote: »
    Black coffee and a cigarette...i prefer my extra 20 mins in bed instead of gettin up to make breakfast :D

20 mins?? do you take each corn flake out one by one when you have it??

• Advertisement
Advertisement