Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst hangover you've ever had?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

Was still puking at 11pm the day after....said I'd never drink again

What was you're worst one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I got alcohol poisoning when i worked in Greece (1998). It was absolute horrible. I was hallucinating, the walls were closing in on me. Couldn't even take a sip of water as it made not only the bile come up but my stomach lining which was a browny/black colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

I had a large amont to drink and when i woke up i remembered almost nothing. i did not eat for three days and it took almost two weeks to piece the nigth together.

i was 17 at the time and i am 3....erm a lot older now. i still refuse to get that drunk. i learned my lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

My first year at Oxegen about 5 years ago. 16 and away from the parents for the weekend thought id be the big man and drink 1 ltr of Jack Daniels pretty much raw on the first night. Didnt see any acts just lots of black vomit. Had the shivers and sweats and the same time and didn't eat properly for over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MrEko

Shed load of pints one night with a friend the week before college started back. It ended with him falling into a freezer in Dunnes, sliding over a checkout just to see would it scan his arse and with me having to train myself back on beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The night Man United won the champions league in 2008 I cant remember getting home or anything.

Woke up next morning for work at 8.10 the alarm was on since 7.00 but did not hear it. I swear I was like what the hell happened me.

Anyway went for shower but still stank going into work I got sick four times in work luckly my boss was away and I had little to do and nobody bothered me as I was quick enough to get to bathroom each time I got sick, to save a red face.

Anyway dont know how I got through the day but when got home my roommate was asking what the hell I was at in my room last night she said I was singing some song about Ronaldo.

Anyway got text from mate that I was with and he told me we ended up in Whelans in wexford street from where I watched the game in temple bar and even gave tip to people serving me (was wondering why I had no money next morning)

When I went inside to my room when got home it stank then I noticed a leak in corner of bed. A yes I went for piss when sleep walking. Balls to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

There have been too many occasions where, upon waking up, I have truly regretted the past nights activities. Not only have I produced aforementioned black bile, but I have also had the pleasure of doing so whilst bleeding from the nose, relieving myself of toxic slurry and urea and sweating profusely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

"waking up on this fecking island"

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

I've had a few.

Worst - alcohol poisoning after a bottle of Tequila when I was 18. Was sick for 4 days afterwards.

Most interesting - Was travelling through Argentina this summer, and staying in Mendoza. We had to switch hostels so were up early after a heavy session. I was lying on the floor of the reception flat on my back, dying of the drink sickness, when the walls all start to shake. This goes on for about 10 seconds, and I am thinking to myself "Jesus, I am rightly f*cked if my vision and senses are so shot I fell like this".Turns out it was a force 3 or 4 earthquake near by. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I got plastered the night I finished my LC exams.

Ended up getting thrown out of a taxi for getting him to stop the car so I could run out and get sick about five times, didn't pay him either. I then walked from Shankill to Bray, got in the door at half five and there was a huge circular puke stain on my jumper which my mother pointed out. Came up with some BS about someone getting sick on me and went up to bed.

Woke up a few hours later and I was in bits, head killing me, body aching. I had a glass of orange juice then threw it up straight away. Couldn't eat for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kerah86

Had my 21st in Lanzarote and had to fly home the next morning..actually thought i was dying...had to wait in dublin airport for 6 hours before there was a bus home and my ex ended up calling the paramedics for me...they tried to convince me to go to the hospital and be put on a drip...i was in so much pain i couldnt eat for 4 days after...never again!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The hangover in question lasted from 23rd December 1988 to 06 January 1989
    I probably should have been hospitalised at some point during that run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Drank 2 liters of Blue Nun, woke up to the smell of a fry up and as soon as it hit my nose i puked a nice thick red spew all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

stephens day a few years back,first christmas since i started drinking,i was still sick the next night,or the day after me and my friend drank almost a whole thing of tequilla between us straigh cause we though it was apple juice:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Oh god ive had waaaay too many. But the worst has to have been this year after Fat Boy Slim in Marley Park. Jesus i feel sick even thinkin about it. Had so much red bull i couldnt sleep till the following night. In between that id promised to sacrifice all my limbs, my job...anythin and everythin that came into my head to stop the sweats,shakes and THE FEAR(not one bit rational after no sleep for 24+hrs)!

I swore to every god in the universe that id never drink again..hahahaha...yeh right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I went to a chinese birthday party a couple of months ago

Am getting the shivers just thinking about it

Beer, champagne, those pre-mixed vodka cocktails, mojitos, sake and some chinese spirit distilled from roses :eek: (we really need a vomit smiley)

Add that to a traditional chinese meal involving fish ball soup and things with eyes on, oh and some kind of blood pudding.

Got home around 5, woke at 7 projectile vomiting

This went on for 6 hours

Had to go and be a waitress at 3pm

Went into a bit of a coma 'til 2.45pm

Got up, had a shower, legged it to the restaurant where it turned out I was still stocious, managed not to drop anything but did have to go and place my face against cold things a lot throughout the shift!

Met some of the folks from the party a day or two later, they were showing me photos from the night :o

Oh My God!

Your man had a birthday cake with loads of cream on top, it looked like a snow mountain, in the height of my madness I had leaned over, scooped a hand-full of cream and mashed it into his face, then mashed more into my face, then everyone did it and there were photos to prove it.

I honestly didn't remember doing it until I saw the pictures.

Haven't been drunk since

Diageo may be onto something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Hmmm, toss up between two times.

First one I was eighteen, was doing my summer exams and staying with a friend. Finished the exams so split a bottle of wine with them and then went out and had ONE drink. ONE. But it was some fortified wine from the bierhaus in Cork and it didn't agree with me. I wasn't even that drunk but the next day woke up in unbelieveable pain, headache, puking the lot. Sleeping on a couch and all. By the time my friend got home from work at five pm I was still lying on their couch going "ooooow" when I'd been supposed to get a bus at 12.

Second time, steven's day last year. Was supposed to go out, invited a friend over for "a few drinks beforehand". Come two am we were still ringing people saying we were going out, while taking my sister's prescription painkillers and swigging gin. Ended up vomiting stomach bile the whole next day, couldn't keep anything down. My parents actually took sympathy, which seeing as I'd robbed a full bottle of gin off them the previous night was quite nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

It must have been the day after my grad (secondary school.)

I was working in a restaurant kitchen at the time, on wash-up. I wasn't working til 11 the next day, which I thought was LOADS of time to recover from the night before :rolleyes:

Of course, I didn't actually get to bed between grad and work. It was my first hangover, and arguably my worst.

At times I actually thought I would die. Anyone who has ever worked wash-up anywhere busy would know what hell it is at the best of times.

I have a clear memory of just crouching, taking that 7 second break between loads to just crouch on the floor, wishing I could die, before I got back to the icky, hot, sweaty, dirty, incredibly heavy work. And those 7 seconds felt like heaven.

After doing wash-up ... I have never felt the capacity to hate a job in my life. And I've had some of the worst ones around since then - believe me! But anyone who does wash-up ... you have my sympathies :( It can only go up from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Playing cards one sunday night when i was a good bit younger.
    Finished 5 cans when the lad pulls out a bottle of poteen:eek:
    I drank over half the bottle in shots
    Woke up the next day to find i'd vomited in my sleep, drove a 3.5 ton van home (a mile in the midde of the country - not an excuse for drink driving i know) and had a full feed from the chipper in the bed with me.
    The mother had a field day on me that time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

At my aunts funeral : went to the pub after the burial and stayed there, drinking copious pints/shorts from 1.00pm to 12.30.
    Nearly 12 hours of continuous drinking.

The following two days were the worst feeling any human being could possibly have.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jameson4me

went to new york this time last year for 9 days. did all my sight seein and shoppin in 4 days and spent the remainder of my time on the beer.. typical routine get up, full irish in irish bar and stay drinkin all day and head to a club.. back to hotel and fall into coma and do it all again the next day.. had a whale of a time but by god i died on the way home on the plane and for the next two days..
    i remember being on the plane and getting worried everytime someone went to the toilet incase the urge to vomit came over me.. horrible feeling but hey, it has to be done;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

... woke up in a building site, cold, bleeding, with a hairy chick asleep on my arm.

She was bear trap ugly

It was one of those times i genuinely thought about chewing off my own arm to make an escape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I refer to this hangover as my ''Nightmare Before Christmas''

Happened about 4 years ago on the 23rd of December. Christmas drinks with co-workers and a few friends. Was hitting the piss pretty hard, according to the barman I drank somewhere in the region of 25+ pints of Bulmers over the course of the evening. I was, to say the least, very ruined. It was the final drink of the evening that made it all the worse; a shot of sambuca. Foul shíte...

Had to work the next day (Christmas Eve) from 9am until 8pm. Dying. Absolutely dying. Every time I swallowed that day, I tasted the sambuca and gagged. My head never stopped pounding and I was shaking like a paint mixer constantly. The hangover did not shift until 6pm that day, and I went home straight after work and flopped straight into bed.

I've been hungover before and since, but never that bad. Never drank sambuca since and was off Bulmers for about 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The last one.

They seem to get worse as I get older.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Last summer (2008) I went out with my friends. We were at one of the lads houses beforehand, drinking away. I brought a bottle of Jager home from France so we drank all that. Also, if I remember correctly, I had two bottles of Tiger, a can of Carling, a can of Budweiser, some other can, a shot of Jameson and a shot of Baileys before I went out. Then when I went out I had a heineken and a bulmers. I don't remember anything from that night, except getting sick on the way home. I woke up in my friends spare bed at about 10, went to the jacks and got sick, and heaved in agony on the floor. Awful.
    Though it doesn't seem like a whole lot now, but the mixture I'm sure is what caused it.

The worst drunken experience I had was a few weeks ago. I had a naggin and 4 mini beers before I went out. Then we went to a pub and I had a pint, then we went clubbing. It was €2 vodka and cokes so I got a double. I don't remember anything after that, but judging by my wallet I had at least two more doubles. I literally remember nothing after the first double. The earliest after that I remember is standing outside Hillbillys balling my eyes out and I had no idea why. It turns out my brother was being held against the wall by three bouncers and they were threataning to call the cops, so I stepped in to save the situation, and my brother turned on me and punched me. Neither of us remember that at all, or anything else that happened. Scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Jay P wrote: »
    L

The worst drunken experience I had was a few weeks ago. I had a naggin and 4 mini beers before I went out. Then we went to a pub and I had a pint, then we went clubbing. It was €2 vodka and cokes so I got a double. I don't remember anything after that, but judging by my wallet I had at least two more doubles. I literally remember nothing after the first double. The earliest after that I remember is standing outside Hillbillys balling my eyes out and I had no idea why. It turns out my brother was being held against the wall by three bouncers and they were threataning to call the cops, so I stepped in to save the situation, and my brother turned on me and punched me. Neither of us remember that at all, or anything else that happened. Scary.

Gorby's? :D tis a bitch; that combination of cheap drink and **** club, many's the night I've gone there with twenty quid for a quiet night....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I have 2 hangover stories that are both so bad that i couldnt pick a winner!!

The first was when i was at a house party and was drinking double Bacardi's and coke all night, then topped it off with a bottle of wine. Seriously bad idea!! My friend had to practically drag me home and put me bed, then i proceeded to throw up black lumpy goo all over my bed, floor and my keyboard!! I wasnt right for about 3 days, i couldnt stand up or id vomit everywhere!!

The second was a night out in Thrashed when myself and a friend drank half a bottle of mickey finns, half a bottle of Kinsey vodka, numerous shots and Smirnoff ices. I had the vodka shakes for about a week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I have 2 hangover stories that are both so bad that i couldnt pick a winner!!

The first was when i was at a house party and was drinking double Bacardi's and coke all night, then topped it off with a bottle of wine. Seriously bad idea!! My friend had to practically drag me home and put me bed, then i proceeded to throw up black lumpy goo all over my bed, floor and my keyboard!! I wasnt right for about 3 days, i couldnt stand up or id vomit everywhere!!

The second was a night out in Thrashed when myself and a friend drank half a bottle of mickey finns, half a bottle of Kinsey vodka, numerous shots and Smirnoff ices. I had the vodka shakes for about a week!!!

that was a rough night,god damn you kinsey

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

This particular hangover was SO bad, I can't actually remember the night before it, what happened, who I was with or what I drank.

All I remember is waking up, the room was spinning around me. I had to crawl on my hands and knees to the bathroom and when I eventually got there I thought I was sinking into the floor or melting.

I threw up. A lot.

Luckily, there was a Spar under the apartment I was living in at the time, so I made it down there. Bought myself a 6 pack of Lucozade, a 2 litre bottle of Lucozade and a single 500ml bottle which I drank there and then.

I tried to pay with my Boots advantage card and a builder asked me, "Did ye have a good night, love?!".

I had to close my eyes and hold my breath in the lift going back to my apartment so as not to vomit. It wasn't fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

7 cans of stonehouse ,yes i'm one classy gent i know :P, some vodka and 2 cans of bulmers

i was still suffering 2 days later:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I was 17 years old and was playing in the final of a cup with my rugby clubs 1st team. We won and where celebrating afterwards in the bar and my teammates where buying me drink. (I still looked about 15)

The cup was pretty large and was filled with every imaginable spirit and I drank most of that by myself. I remember my mother saw me and knew I was drunk, it being a Sunday night she said to me “You’re still going to school in the morning!”

I kept drinking well into the night. The next day my mum shook me awake and got me out of bed. I had never had a hangover in my life before but that morning I was in absolute bits my head was thumping and I felt like puking all over the place.

I put my uniform on and was marched out the door. I had to get the train into Dublin to get to school and it was so jam packed with people point that I fell asleep on my feet wedged in between the other passengers I must have stank.

I had to go through the whole day in school feeling like that. The teachers must have known the state I was in because not one of them said anything to me the whole day and I spent ages with my head on the desk moaning softly.

I got home and when my mum got in she had a big grin on her face. “How was school?” she said “get lost!” I said to her not even looking up from the coach where I had landed the moment I got in (I wanted to say **** Off but I was and still am not brave enough to say that to her) she just laughed at me and got me some pain killers.

I’ve never had such a bad hangover again and that was my first but not last.

Advertisement