Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrah...the Recession is over!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,593 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Or alternatively we read this thread, and come back down to earth with a bump

EDIT - goddammit - too slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Yes apearntly so.Still have no fuppin job though .And twil be along time before people see jobs.In before lock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Old news is old, bring on the next recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

But it's not really. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

damit...

IBTL...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Does that mean I can have my job back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Yeahhhhhhhh

GDP, not GNP, the one that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Aren't you all glad that Fianna Fail has led you all through the darkness ??:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

and now they are standing on he edge of the cliff ready to jump off....
    lads i am afraid to say that next year, 2010, is going to be alot worse.... i was only a kid in the 80's and never new much about the last recession as we were happy with what we had and didnt know better, unlike people today who spend, spend, spend and their children are used to getting every thing they want when they want it. anyone that lived and worked through the 80's that i know and talk to say it wasnt as bad as this as their was still money, although small, going around but there is just nothing at the moment. /i hope i am wrong.. but i believe next year will break alot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

This could mean that we'll see a slight reduction in the unemployed percentage in 2010.
    It's roughly 11/12% now.
    Best case scenario we reduce it to 9/10% by this time next year. We still have a long way to go to full recovery. The rate of recovery won't be as steep as the rate at which we've fallen over the last 2 years.
    Also, there'll still be a lot of negative equity oh houses for a good few more years. Houses were very over-priced at the peak of the boom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 streamy

Voltex wrote: »
    The CSO have released figures to show GDP rose ever so slightly in Q3 09.

The dreaded recession is over...lets all party and take out lots of loans for over priced properties.

http://www.cso.ie/releasespublications/documents/economy/current/qna.pdf

boring:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Aren't you all glad that Fianna Fail has led you all through the darkness ??:cool:

Through the darkness into the abyss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

dbyrne wrote: »
    and now they are standing on he edge of the cliff ready to jump off....
    lads i am afraid to say that next year, 2010, is going to be alot worse.... i was only a kid in the 80's and never new much about the last recession as we were happy with what we had and didnt know better, unlike people today who spend, spend, spend and their children are used to getting every thing they want when they want it. anyone that lived and worked through the 80's that i know and talk to say it wasnt as bad as this as their was still money, although small, going around but there is just nothing at the moment. /i hope i am wrong.. but i believe next year will break alot of people.

There's still money but people have yet to realise that they don't need to spend it in order to keep up with the Jones's. Once someone has enough to feed the family & pay the bills as best they can then things ain't that bad.
    What they don't need to do is change the car in January, have three foreign holidays a year or wear clothes from a boutique.
    In all that has happened in the last few years I think this recession will benefit a lot of families in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Notice how nobody has thanked you for this comment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Good. Mine's definitaly over with anyway. At least that over with. Now could we please talk about something else!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Notice how nobody has thanked you for this comment?

Only the first two posts in this thread have been.
    We have to consider the following:
    Would Fianna Fail gain support again if they fixed the economy before the next election?
    That's just hypothetical and will more than likely never happen in the next 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

Yeahhhhhhhh

GDP, not GNP, the one that matters.

unfortunately this is especially very true in Ireland's case.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

To capitalism, the cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Ah. Blips. They make me so horny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    Only the first two posts in this thread have been.
    We have to consider the following:
    Would Fianna Fail gain support again if they fixed the economy before the next election?
    That's just hypothetical and will more than likely never happen in the next 2 years.

If they managed to fix it fair dues but I still will never vote for them ever again.
    They are still the most money grubbing group of "mé feiners" around although I think that every single member of fianna fail should be strung up and beaten with a sock full of batteries to be a politician they should have a degree in economics and to be a minister they should have degrees in their allocated position or else its just stupid like all of them at the moment haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

Evolute wrote: »
    If they managed to fix it fair dues but I still will never vote for them ever again.
    They are still the most money grubbing group of "mé feiners" around although I think that every single member of fianna fail should be strung up and beaten with a sock full of batteries to be a politician they should have a degree in economics and to be a minister they should have degrees in their allocated position or else its just stupid like all of them at the moment haha.

while i agree with the anti fianna fail sentiment is the degree in economics not a bit specific? we'd be rather limiting the pool from which our representatives can be chosen..... i did several micro and macro courses on my undergrad course and believe me a lot of the people that passed them are still none the wiser to economic policy...

Advertisement