Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa 'promotes obesity and drink-driving'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Meh, I'm convinced that BreakingNews.ie is run by AHers. That article convinces me the Australia is the land of the damned. Ireland, however, is The Land of the Damned Good Looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what speed limit would that be:confused:

he not driving so can't be drink driving..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

what speed limit would that be:confused:

he not driving so can't be drink driving..

drink flying?
    He broke the safe flying regulations by flying at the speed of light in commercial airspace and also he's broke numerous countrys airspace laws by flying at light speed and/or freezing time and breaching their airspace.

It sounds like a job for Dr Who to track him down and arrest him,

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Cabaal wrote: »
    drink flying?
    He broke the safe flying regulations by flying at the speed of light in commercial airspace and also he's broke numerous countrys airspace laws by flying at light speed and/or freezing time and breaching their airspace.

It sounds like a job for Dr Who to track him down and arrest him,

:pac:

surely though there's no way to measure how fast he's going therefor impossible to say he breaking the law.

Maybe he uses mini black holes to move from house to house as it would be instant and avoid all those silly Aussie laws

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

think i'll put some barbed wire down the chimney and sort out the fat bastard once and for all.
    Anybody for Reindeer steaks?

• Advertisement

Just f**k off!!

Them "experts" should be shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

promoting obesity and drink-driving, experts said today

I'm seeing this thrown around a lot. What exactly makes them a expert?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Other dangerous activities that Santa could be accused of promoting include speeding, disregard for road rules, and extreme sports such as roof surfing and chimney jumping.

“Despite the risks of high speed air travel Santa is never depicted wearing a seatbelt or a helmet.”

With Santa coughing or sneezing up to 10 times a day, he may also pass on infections such as swine flu to children, the authors wrote.

A shortage of Santa "helpers" means people are never checked for any illnesses they may be carrying or given help to protect them from sick children.

I'm in stitches laughing at this stuff, there's no way these guys are serious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I'm seeing this thrown around a lot. What exactly makes them a expert?

You have to put in at least 400 hours of drink driving before you get your expert qualification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

It doesn't say what they're experts in, they could be experts in dog**** and tiddlywinks. The entire article is a pisstake. Next they'll be looking for an ethnically diverse Santa, half chinese and half indian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm in stitches laughing at this stuff, there's no way these guys are serious! :D

Sadly I believe they are. The fun of life is slowly being sucked away thanks to d*cks such as these. Pretty soon your kids won't be allowed out in case they scrape their knees on the footpath.

It's a really sad indictment of the direction society is going. Whatever the hell happened to common sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭steve22

Sadly I believe they are. The fun of life is slowly being sucked away thanks to d*cks such as these. Pretty soon your kids won't be allowed out in case they scrape their knees on the footpath.

It's a really sad indictment of the direction society is going. Whatever the hell happened to common sense?

exactly! whos paying these d!ckheads? surely theres more important and serious matters in the world to be researching and investigating - not how law abiding Santa Claus is.... or how sexist Thomas the Tank Engine is.... these people need to get a life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

He also promotes home invasion, lying to children about his existence, punishment for being "naughty" and his reindeers have been known to poop on at least 2-3 dozen house's roofs in his trek around the world on Xmas Eve, using elf labour for his factory and mass producing toys with little to no safety regulation is also a concern, as is his workshy schedule, one day of work in a year? while reaping the benefits of image royalties all year round, not even an Irish TD could claim that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I'm surprised that it's from Australia. Normally when I see a particularly useless piece of research it comes from John Moores Uni.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

My Dad always told me that Santa likes a large whiskey to keep him warm and that's what we always left out for him.

Why would he lie? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

Totally!

Sorry to ruin everyone's outrage party, but they are clearly joking! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

He also promotes laziness. The fecker works 1 day of the year and goes on the dole the rest of the time.

He also promotes bad fashion. White fur trim is soooooo 1970's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Santa 'promotes obesity and drink-driving'

No he doesn't, ffs.

Advertisement