Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst hangover you've ever had?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

My worst was this year at my sisters wedding.

I, along with a few others (the younger crowd) stayed up drinking until lunch time the next day - don't ask why

And I was drinking double jack daniels straight for about three hours, then I moved onto the southern comfort, a few bottles of wine and dabbling with the champagne and then we moved onto shots

Triple goldschlagers, tequilas, triple jamesons and god knows what else

For the rest of the week I was a zombie, leaving my room only to top up my pint glass of water and refill my aspirins as well as the occasional bit of food - when I felt I was up to eating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Gorby's? :D tis a bitch; that combination of cheap drink and **** club, many's the night I've gone there with twenty quid for a quiet night....

That's the one! We also got free passes on the way in so that meant I had even more money jangling in my pocket.

Oh, that was the night I lost my phone and the guy in the Bróg rang my mam to say he found it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Recently my drinking has been limited, sporadic but messy when it happens.
    One of the worst hangovers I've had happened a few weeks ago- bottle of white wine and naggin of bacardi consumed over the period of about 2 hours... never had such a bad reaction to drink, i had the black puke too!

What the fcuk is with the black puke? horrific!

literally couldnt move from the bed until next day, it hurt to blink :(

back on the beer now for xmas, scared!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

tomorrow

i have to get a tooth pulled @ 11am :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Our second night in Cuzco, Peru, hadnt drank in ages cause we were a bit nervous of the altitude(Cusco is 3,300m high or so). One night we head to this notorious backpacker bar and drank rum all night while everyone around us was on the water(coke is apparently cheaper then beer i found out later). Ive never felt worse in my life then the next day...and the day after, probably should have seen a doctor but sure we were grand for Machu Picchu a couple of days later so its all good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Compared to these stories, I don't think I've had any particularly horrible hangovers. Worst I had was a lot of shivering, vomiting and abject depression, but I put that partially down to a throat infection I had gotten the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

After a weekend of extremely heavy passing out at oxegen this year(only saw like one band I wanted to see). I came home then went straight to bed, slept till 10pm. woke up and I could barely move or speak, had to move downstairs very slowly to stop myself gettin sick, had some dinner then went back to bed again.

Only slept for like an hour or two but in that hour or two I had the most ****ing freakiest, vivid, terrifying dreams I've ever had. I actually thought it was real and that I was lying on my bed awake and I could feel everything (people running into my room hitting me and stuff :O). Kept waking up groaning with the shakes and the sweats. I then couldn't get back to sleep, just sat there twisting and turning on a huge post-oxegen downer. It was an ordeal that lasted until the next morning. ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Worse hangover for me was my 18th birthday, good lord, painful even remembering it!

Had 8 cans of Dutch (classy) then 2-3 pints in a pub. Worse then was in the nightclub, must of had 3-4 different people consecutively buying me drinks, didn't know where the **** I was! I remember well later then crying outside in an alleyway about ??? then on the way home puked out the taxi gods knows how many times.

I knew it was a hangover to remember puking blood and vodka(?) still at 9pm the next day,took me 3 days to fully recover!

Ah well,you can't be old and wise if you weren't young and stupid ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

My drinking habits are well known where I'm from. I've been like this since 16 so well used to it now. I'm a pussy drinker and not afraid to admit it.
    I can got to a pub tonight , have 2 pints and be puking and headache all day the next day. I can sometime go out and drink 8-10 pints and be 100% the next day. The problem is that I never know until the next day what my hangover mode will be.
    My hangovers have been up and down but here are my bad ones, cannot decide which is the one I'm proudest of.

- Stayed in bed for 52 hrs , about 11 hrs spent puking pure bile. did not take water or food until hr 23... lost loads of weight though!!

- Fell asleep after my debs in Slatterys of Capel Street (early house). Fell asleep at the bus stop on abbey st. Woke up for a stroll and went down lane behind Abbey St. for a slash and fell asleep again. Went to the Virgin Megastore and had some food near Dame St. Went back to Abbey St got the bus home.
    Remember trying to figure out what was wrong with my mother with the look on her face when I got to my front door.
    I had C u.nt and Flaps on either cheek and F u.ck You on my forehead done in mascara

- Stopped off in Galway for the night on the way to Clifden/Cleggan. Went boozing. Was so sick I was actually green. Mates counted 11 pukes before 10 O'Clock. Could not get bus to Clifden so struck a deal with Taxi Drv to bring 6 of us in his car to Clidfen for £100. I puked out the window of his taxi 5 times, while the car was moving at 100kph. shudder......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I've had a few hangovers. The worst one was my graduation night of secondary school. We all headed down to the pub. Started off pretty well downing a pint of bud as soon as I got into the place.

Bought another few pints for me and the lads. Mind you I only drank bud at the time. Then it started... I was getting pints left right and centre. Got guinees, carlsburg, heineken.....

I remember walking out of the pub skipping up the road. We stayed in a mates house. Got in and felt grand and went upstairs. Felt a bit sick and went outside. Started puking. Sat there for a while and started puking again, this time it was green ****. I spent from bout 1 am till 6 am on that bench ruinin my mates decking.

His dog came over at one stage and started eating it, I destroyed him too. memories of that night were the bin men coming around early in the morning, the lads upstairs singing and playing the guitar and of course breaking his patio door.

• Advertisement
Advertisement