Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"You're cheap and you're haggard"

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Dire Straits - Money For Nothing

Has anybody besides me actually heard this second verse???

Was on the Album version , removed for the single version/the radio edit and the Video and every re-released version of the song and the greatest hits version
    We gotta install microwave ovens
    Custom kitchen deliveries
    We gotta move these refrigerators
    We gotta move these colour TV's

(See the little FAGG0T with the earring and the makeup
    Yeah buddy that’s his own hair
    That little FAGG0T got his own jet airplane
    That little FAGG0T he’s a millionaire)

Gotta install microwave ovens
    Custom kitchen deliveries
    We gotta move these refrigerators
    Gotta move these colour TV's

Even boards.ie swear filter wont let me post the word without editing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

The Master wrote: »

Was on the Album version , removed for the single version/the radio edit and the Video and every re-released version of the song and the greatest hits version

Ha yeah heard that on the radio once or twice. Wasn't sure if I was hearing the lyrics correctly. The DJ obviously just played the album version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I was not aware that an edited version of Money For Nothing existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Eamon often calls me a fagg0t of air. I don't mind. This is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

the only blasphemous lyric change i can think of is when hillary duff covered my generation(why in gods green earth she covered a who classic il never know) she changed the words i hope i die before i get old to i hope i DONT die before i get old,i wish she would tbh

I was really pissed off when I heard that. Couldn't believe they had the nerve to butcher a Who song. :mad: And I'm not even that pious about music.

Yup, I heard it too. They changed it to something else for the live version, can't remember what.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I was really pissed off when I heard that. Couldn't believe they had the nerve to butcher a Who song. :mad: And I'm not even that pious about music.

Yup, I heard it too. They changed it to something else for the live version, can't remember what.

she also raped depeche modes personal jesus,how irate fans havent bottled her yet il never know

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

That little Maggot with the earring and the makeup
    Yeah buddy that’s his own hair
    That little maggot got his own jet airplane
    That mother trucker he’s a millionaire)

That's what was used after complaints about the songs content

she also raped depeche modes personal jesus,how irate fans havent bottled her yet il never know

Awful, awful version of a song.

Great, now my blood's all angried up. :mad:
    That's what was used after complaints about the songs content

Ah. Seamless.

I approve of the use of "mother trucker" it removes the word fagg0t yet also goes that bit further to annoy the censors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well speaking from a gay man's point of view...
    Frada told me that he doesn't find it in the least bit offensive

• Advertisement

I approve of the use of "mother trucker" it removes the word fagg0t yet also goes that bit further to annoy the censors

More syllables too, increasing the likelihood of the singer tripping over his words. Always a welcome sight.

Disgusting offending language at 1.38

Please feel free to notice the awesome that is Clapton/Sting and Phil Collins joining in on this song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Disgusting offending language at 1.38

Please feel free to notice the awesome that is Clapton/Sting and Phil Collins joining in on this song

I have never noticed that in the billion times I have watched that live performance.

Advertisement