Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could know one thing, what would it be?

• 23-03-2012 5:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭

Whats the one question that you would love to know the answer to, more than anything else?

For me it'd be what is time, what makes one moment different to the next, why does it just keep going, and going, and never stop?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Whats the one question that you would love to know the answer to, more than anything else?

For me it'd be what is time, what makes one moment different to the next, why does it just keep going, and going, and never stop?

I would like to know, how are you invisible and I'm not??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I'd like to know what a tracker mortgage is....or how they get the figs into the fig rolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Time is man-made OP. It was humans that created seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years etc. It does not exist in nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Sorry to burst your bubble but there's no such thing as time, at least as it's generally understood. Physicists have been mislead by this quirk of human perception to feel obliged to include it in their theories and our brains aren't developed enough to appreciate the true properties of matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

there's an 'arrow of time' though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

latenia wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubble but there's no such thing as time, at least as it's generally understood. Physicists have been mislead by this quirk of human perception to feel obliged to include it in their theories and our brains aren't developed enough to appreciate the true properties of matter.

I don't believe you, whats the speed of light? 300000000 (ish ?) meters per... what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd like to know how to taste the difference between butter and I can't believe it's not butter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

latenia wrote: »

Mine is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Aliens. Cards on the table. Do they exist and are they coming over and if so when..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

J. Marston wrote: »
    Mine is.

I look forward to reading your unified field theory...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I am a simple man of simple pleasures. I would only like to know the numbers that will come out in the next Euromillions draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

The correct numbers in next Lotto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'd like to know why boys when they get to the age of 14 turn into complete bollixes and do I need drugs to get me through the next six years of wereteens! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Is it true that Asian woman have slanty pussy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Does the Moon really exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

surely as native of china you can at least get some first hand anecdotal evidence on the subject.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What is the ultimate question that leads to the ulimate anwser, of which is 42?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I would like to know what really happens when you die. I presums not much but then againwhat about all the people that claim they experienced out if body experiences.

Also do psychics really see and know what they claim. I know alot are fakes but I have seen one who knew way too much about my life and people who had died to he bluffing. I have it on tape and she definitelydidn't fish for the information neither was I talked into giving things away. I want to believe she was really telling the truth as she said good things about people that had died, but I am such a skeptic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Are you the head of the Kwiki-Mart? :)

What happens when you die? The 'after' life and all that carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

What is the ultimate question that leads to the ulimate anwser, of which is 42?

What is 43 - 1 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

What do they do with the regular K? That's what I'd like to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I would also like to know how they get the figs in the fig roll. My Mam knows but she won't tell me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I would love to know how to travel back in time .

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

When is the next mass-extinction event going to happen on earth

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    What do they do with the regular K? That's what I'd like to know.

Destroy them so they cant pollute the gene pool I would imagine, in favour of a stronger species I would imagine.

Assuming next weeks lotto numbers are out

Maybe a second language or how to play an instrument

The afterlife ones are decent but im quite convinced you just die, end of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

NiallFH wrote: »
    Destroy them so they cant pollute the gene pool I would imagine, in favour of a stronger species I would imagine.
    How very German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

How does one get to Sesame Street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I would like to know what really happens when you die. I presums not much but then againwhat about all the people that claim they experienced out if body experiences.

Also do psychics really see and know what they claim. I know alot are fakes but I have seen one who knew way too much about my life and people who had died to he bluffing. I have it on tape and she definitelydidn't fish for the information neither was I talked into giving things away. I want to believe she was really telling the truth as she said good things about people that had died, but I am such a skeptic.

You really need an answer to the second question?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭lefthooker

From what sources did Bertie get his loot?
    And where is he stashing it now?
    Cos at a cost of €250m we found out nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Whether or not "There worth it!" :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

No. That'll be 5 quid to my paypal account.
    When is the next mass-extinction event going to happen on earth
    Apparently according to some it's happening as we speak. More species are dying out because of human interference than at any time in the last few million years.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I would like to know what the next big thing will be. As in what would be the best thing to invest in. Something which will make me a lot of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Why am I so handsome

*flexes arm and kisses muscle*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'd love to know WTF goes on in the Bermuda Triangle and what happened to all the ships and aircraft that have mysteriously disappeared from the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Id like to know when women are in the mood for dancing/romancing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

Wibbs wrote: »
    Apparently according to some it's happening as we speak. More species are dying out because of human interference than at any time in the last few million years.

We really are f'cukers us humans! I'd just like for humanity to be able to store away all it's accumulated knowledge in some bunker somewhere with a sample of 100,000 carefully selected people from around the world, for when something like a meteorite is destined to hit the earth- it could prove difficult re-accumulating that knowledge without the luxury of cheap energy (oil) available to us a second time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

how many poos i have taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Why are rocks all different sizes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I would love to know where are my fecking socks all the time! There deffenetly some sort of portal which steals them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I could die in peace knowing how

they get the figs into the fig rolls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I don't believe you, whats the speed of light? 300000000 (ish ?) meters per... what?

thats actually a wild misinterpretation to help us three dimensional types comprehend.

its complicated and I'm typing on a phone but short version:

the speed of light is in fact a conversion factor, not a unit in its own right. time and distance can be measured in the same units , I.e terms of distance. we just decided years ago to use different units when we didn't know better. a good analogy would be if we always used meters for measuring width and feet for measuring length. its the same, measuring the same thing in two directions but using different units. if we did that lots of equations would start throwing up this weird constant of about 3.

we wouldn't call this the speed of width because its easy to comprehend the similarities between length and width, but time is exactly the same.

you can be perfectly correct in saying you had to wait for thousands of miles for the bus to come.

I could die in peace knowing how

they get the figs into the fig rolls

thats called co-extrusion.

a narrow pipe inside a wider pipe. the narrow one squirting figs, the bigger one squirting dough. they probably come out round and then a machine cuts and stamps them to shape

anyone else while I'm at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Where is wally and whats a tracker mortgage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

What will I be when I grow up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I'd like to know what a tracker mortgage is....or how they get the figs into the fig rolls

Ah Christ let it die will you.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wfdrun

mawk wrote: »
    thats actually a wild misinterpretation to help us three dimensional types comprehend.

the speed of light is in fact a conversion factor, not a unit in its own right. time and distance can be measured in the same units , I.e terms of distance. we just decided years ago to use different units when we didn't know better. a good analogy would be if we always used meters for measuring width and feet for measuring length. its the same, measuring the same thing in two directions but using different units. if we did that lots of equations would start throwing up this weird constant of about 3.

we wouldn't call this the speed of width because its easy to comprehend the similarities between length and width, but time is exactly the same.

you can be perfectly correct in saying you had to wait for thousands of miles for the bus to come.

i thought i was following above explanation but hamster fell off the wheel & now theres just tumbleweeds!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

mawk wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Aliens. Cards on the table. Do they exist and are they coming over and if so when..

• Advertisement
Advertisement