Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Together" things "together" people do.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I call people who have their "sh1t together" Procrastination Slayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

A few things I try to do:

Make my lunch for the next day before going to bed one less thing to do
    in the morning.

If I'm going to the gym the next day, have my stuff ready in a bag and bottle of water in the fridge; makes going less of a chore.

Save my reading time for commuting, as there is nothing better you could be doing really, whereas if you spend time reading at home you could be doing something better!

Have a small notepad beside my bed where I write down things I need to get done. There's a sense of satisfaction then when you *do* get them done as you get to cross them off the list :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

if you spend time reading at home you could be doing something better!

pf
    there's not much better than curling up with a good book at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I've got a "**** together" friend.

He has a folder on top of his fridge with take away menus filed according to cuisine. Dividers are labeled Indian, Chinese, Pizza, Other Italian and Misc.

He has a successful career and a nice car. He irons everything too.

Very very sound chap in spite of all this

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Pottler wrote: »
    As in "having their sh1t together". People who log their cars fuel consumption in writing(WTF, I get it hard enough to remember to feckin buy fuel). People who mow, fertilise and weed their lawns to show standard(again, mines a mess) People who have their shoes in a purpose built closet, in their boxes, labelled.(mine are usually fecked in a sort of vague pile). What do you have organised, and what do you wish you could sort out better?

A fuel fetishist eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A few things I try to do:

Make my lunch for the next day before going to bed one less thing to do
    in the morning.

If I'm going to the gym the next day, have my stuff ready in a bag and bottle of water in the fridge; makes going less of a chore.

Save my reading time for commuting, as there is nothing better you could be doing really, whereas if you spend time reading at home you could be doing something better!

Have a small notepad beside my bed where I write down things I need to get done. There's a sense of satisfaction then when you *do* get them done as you get to cross them off the list :cool:

Wow:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

average conversation in our house in the morning(after we have fallen out of bed at 8.15 to get the kids to school at 9-bedlam- "wheres me feckin keys?"... "I dunno, where'd you leave them"... urrrghmmmh - "if I knew that I'd hardly be feckin asking now, would I"... "oh yeah, dunno, wheres my keys?" Would the little bollix who comes into our house every night and hides all the keys/spectacles/clean trousers and coins, resets the alarm to "ring really quietly", please feck off and annoy someone else, preferably that organised, smug couple with the freshly boiled looking kid who the teachers all like....

Advertisement