Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C# Interview - Need sample question

Options
  • 15-03-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi

I have a job interview coming up for a QA position where I will need to be able to demonstrate my knowledge of C#. The company is a big advocate of BDD and as such is using C# and specflow.

For the interview I will be have to write some simple programs. If you were the person interviewing me what would you ask? Be aware that they are not expecting a senior dev so the programs will be relatively simple, but yet will show that I have a good grasp of OOP. I am not looking for any code, rather possible questions that I might be asked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I was asked FizzBuzz at one of my last interviews.
    Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print "Fizz" instead of the number and for the multiples of five print "Buzz". For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print "FizzBuzz".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Seeing as apparently 199 out of 200 developers can't code it and it's taken senior developers up to 15 minutes to do it, seems like a valid question. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Seeing as apparently 199 out of 200 developers can't code it and it's taken senior developers up to 15 minutes to do it, seems like a valid question. :eek:

That took me all of 2 minutes to do, and I'd consider myself an average programmer at college level! I do hope that was sarcasm!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

chrislad wrote: »
    That took me all of 2 minutes to do, and I'd consider myself an average programmer at college level! I do hope that was sarcasm!

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/02/why-cant-programmers-program.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's shocking! Seriously shocking! After skimming the comments, my solution was actually correct and only about 20 lines of code. It's a very basic problem.

Advertisement