Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oracle Java Programmer I Exam(OCAJP)

Options
  • 13-03-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Anyone done this test recently, Have it coming up in the near future and bit worried about it. I know of all the offical/oracle databases and info online about it, Anyone know any good links or test dumps and the likes that can help alot, I'm sure lots will view it as lazyness but It all helps and the Exam is a necessity for my back to work drive.

PMs with any info if people don't wish to post would be great, thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Anyone done this test recently, Have it coming up in the near future and bit worried about it. I know of all the offical/oracle databases and info online about it,

What do databases have to do with it :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

any good links or test dumps and the likes that can help alot, I'm sure lots will view it as lazyness but It all helps and the Exam is a necessity for my back to work drive.

I'm sure getting a test dump does help with the exam, bugger all use when you're actually presented with real work relating to the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I done the java SE 6 version a while back.Its was tough enough compared to the associate which was a breeze.having said that I have only been coding properly for 9 months previous to scjp and at that only at home dicking about!

You should check out the java ranch website they have a whole section for that exam and the 2 people that wrote the exam post there.

Very little free resources(legal or illegal :pac:) with regards to the exam questions.

You can pay for sample test engines and a few of these have good reviews from people who have used them in prepping.Again check the java ranch forums.

If you're doing the SE 7 version I cant help you.I believe they have taken a lot of stuff off and brought in newer stuff like network i/o

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

I did the test last year. www.whizlabs.com have a set of practice exams from easy to hard. It helps to get into the mindset of the type of questions on the real test. Having said that, it wasn't without its problems. Essentially they ripped off many of the later questions from brain dumps, which themselves had bad code.

One thing we did is to get the example questions, type them up and run them in the command line. Not eclipse, because there are questions on that as well. Break the code, change it around. Do you understand why the code does this?

Another is to put the questions on flash cards, drill everyday. Why is that the answer. Loops, man, learn to read loops.

They also have a set of notes and questions at the end, which cover the material that will be in the exam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement