Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

05 Nissan almera fan stopped working

Options
  • 07-07-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

I really need some help I ahve an 05 nissan almera salloon and teh fan has stopped working does not fire on any speed. This is the "new style" that was controlled by up down arrows as opposed to the old pot dial which has a load of videos online for fixing but none of the are relevant for the centre console display almera models. Really appreciate any help with this as with the waether the way it is only realising how much I need/use the fan.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

It is most likely the resistor pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

It is most likely the resistor pack.

Wouldn't it work on the highest setting if it way the resister?

On most cars yes but not with these Almeras, they won't work at all when the resistor goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭maniac2003

thanks have you a picture of it and where is it. located. will this be a garage job or can maniac fix this himself. thanks for all the replies.

Google it. I have given you enough info :D

• Advertisement

Google it. I have given you enough info :D

not enough followed online video for. older models and could not find the elusive resistor pack did find a PCB where I was expected to find resistor pack. could really do wit a dig out. here please.

It's a while since I did one but it's somewhere up behind the dash accessed from the drivers footwell IIRC. I'll ask one of the lads for you in the morning if I think of it.

It's a while since I did one but it's somewhere up behind the dash accessed from the drivers footwell IIRC. I'll ask one of the lads for you in the morning if I think of it.

that would be a great help thanks George.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hi ya

Hi lads anyone find any details about where this is hidden under the dash stripped have the dash off still cound'nt find it .
    any help greatly appreacated .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Not sure of it's precise location in the car
    but I do know these resistor blocks,as they are more commonly known,are only available through main Nissan dealerships.90 euro approx. plus fitting.
    Ouch !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Here is a thread I posted before on similiar, might help. In the N15 almera (95-00) it's located behind the glove box, open the glove box and lift it up and it comes off.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056944477/1/#post84528786

Mine is a 03 model digital display (as in up and down arrow ).
    have googled watched u tube none on this model .???????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭scrap_man

if you reach over to the left of the clutch pedal you will find it, its a small box with 1 multi plug going on to it,

Thank you very much scrap man just went out to car to look and there it is staring at me .exactly were you said .
    No to go and find one .Thanks again

just to let you guys know I took it out and resoldered all the contacts and is working perfectly.
    Thanks again to scrap man .

Hi ya wrote: »
    just to let you guys know I took it out and resoldered all the contacts and is working perfectly.
    Thanks again to scrap man .

had given up on this and just seen the reply. I'm very excited about this. when you say resoldered all the contacts is it just the board contacts or have you a picture that would explain it.

Hi Maniac what i done was removed it from car .then got the solder to flow on all the contacts that you can see at the top of the resistor pack .
    put back in the car and was working fine .

Hi Maniac what i done was removed it from car .then got the solder to flow on all the contacts that you can see at the top of the resistor pack .
    put back in the car and was working fine .

OK that makes sense is it difficult remove I assuming its the white square box up to the left of the clutch?

maniac2003 wrote: »
    OK that makes sense is it difficult remove I assuming its the white square box up to the left of the clutch?

got it out so just resolder all the joints now?

Thats it maniac its a bitch of an angle to get a screwdriver at it .just get all the solder joints to flow .as in hold tip of soldering iron to solder joints to let solder flow around contacts .
    pop it back in car and should be working .

• Advertisement

Ok so, am i right with where I've put the red lines for where the solder needs to go?

Thats it maniac its a bitch of an angle to get a screwdriver at it .just get all the solder joints to flow .as in hold tip of soldering iron to solder joints to let solder flow around contacts .
    pop it back in car and should be working .

tried that no joy will go at joints again.

maniac just let the tip of your soldring iron heat up on all solder contacts until it melts .especially where the 3 pins come in from the block connector .make sure not to join any solder joints together .
    nissan-navara.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29268 put in the httpwww to find . found an image here of resistor i did not remove it from its housing just let the solder flow. i think its called dry joints what happens these resistor packs

OK got hold of a working resistor and then put it in still no joy. had a look and no pollen filter in place top of blower motor had heaps of leaves debris in on top of it starting to look like the blower motor is cooked

Hi Maniac can you not check with a mutimeter to see if there is current going to it ,
    maybe fuse relay .

Hi Maniac can you not check with a mutimeter to see if there is current going to it ,
    maybe fuse relay .

Hi ya.
    There is no current going to it. What next?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

Check fuse. If blower motor seized from debris then most likely a current surge might have blown it.

Waterson wrote: »
    Check fuse. If blower motor seized from debris then most likely a current surge might have blown it.

is the fuse located under the bonnet on passenger side?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

Can you apply a 12 V supply directly to the blower motor to see if it spools up?

• Advertisement

Waterson wrote: »
    Can you apply a 12 V supply directly to the blower motor to see if it spools up?

anyone know anything about the relays?

Advertisement