Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GROUP A DECIDER COULD GO TO PENOS!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

REALLY!!!!1ONEELEVEN222!!11TWO

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

thats nuts but logical i guess
    The Czech Republic lost 3-1 to Portugal on Wednesday evening and then Turkey beat Switzerland 2-1 – both after added-time goals. That leaves the Czech Republic and Turkey level on points, goal difference and goals scored, and according to Article 7.08 in the official 2008 UEFA European Championship regulations, in that instance, if the two equal teams are playing in the last game, their match is decided by spot-kicks after 90 minutes should it finish level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Its not all that shocking tbh the maths are quite simple, has it happened before??

PS i challenge the validity of your username.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

[QUOTE=DesF;56226447
    1ONEELEVEN222!!11TWO[/QUOTE]

Wa?:confused::eek:

Steve_o wrote: »
    Its not all that shocking tbh the maths are quite simple, has it happened before??

PS i challenge the validity of your username.

Im sorry but theres only OneStevO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

What are the possibilities of getting a subforum for threads such as this one? ;)

That would be one hell of a spectacle though....come on the Draw!

Eirebear wrote: »
    What are the possibilities of getting a subforum for threads such as this one? ;)

That would be one hell of a spectacle though....come on the Draw!

sorry... how do i edit the title?

only1stevo wrote: »
    sorry... how do i edit the title?

lol, no need to be sorry bud.

I think only a modulator can edit the title, anyway i wasnt really having a go at your good self....just being a bit cheeky thats all.

ah ye, my web-ego has just been ruined- hahaha.

Neway, its pretty cool if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Well even its maybe weird its more fair than what i heard yesterday,that winner in these situations should be team with better UEFA coefficient

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Didn't Ireland go through in 90 via drawing of lots?

nipplenuts wrote: »

From Wikipedia
    Group F, featuring the Netherlands, England, the Republic of Ireland and Egypt, perfectly encapsulated what was wrong with the 1990 World Cup finals. In the six group games, no team managed to score more than once in a match. England beat Egypt 1-0, thanks to a 64th minute goal from Mark Wright - and that was enough to win the group. The Republic of Ireland and the Netherlands matched each other's standings and could only be separated into second and third place by the drawing of lots (the Irish won, although the Dutch progressed as well).

I take it there was a Best Runner Up system in place that year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well even its maybe weird its more fair than what i heard yesterday,that winner in these situations should be team with better UEFA coefficient

I don't really trust them ratings. They don't make sense sometimes. Penalties beats drawing lots anyway.

Anyone know what would happen if their last game wasn't against each other and they came out even against one another?

dsmythy wrote: »
    I don't really trust them ratings. They don't make sense sometimes. Penalties beats drawing lots anyway.

Anyone know what would happen if their last game wasn't against each other and they came out even against one another?

Those ratings are nonsense,but so far thats the thing which will decide who is going through if they are even,still hope they will change it and manage penos coz its more fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Those ratings are nonsense,but so far thats the thing which will decide who is going through if they are even,still hope they will change it and manage penos coz its more fair

Maybe they can bring their qualification results into it.

Dont know,but so far,rule they made before this euro is making this situation clear coz team with better UEFA ranking going through,still nonsense for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭mormank

ya it used to be done by the drawin of lots, a coinflip essentially!! this is better although obviously not ideal. does mean we have an early knock out match!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Sure Italy won the 1964 tournament after winning a coin toss against the USSR in their "semi final", before beating Yugoslavia in the final (after a replay). Of course there were only 4 teams in the competition back then and the Italians were at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

it will be decided on penalties, they aren't using the coefficients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Maybe they can bring their qualification results into it.

Coefficients = qualification results.

• Advertisement

Yes,penos but after they changed decision of qualification results to decide

ok well here's how i am interpreting your points...
    Dont know,but so far,rule they made before this euro is making this situation clear coz team with better UEFA ranking going through,still nonsense for me

"UEFA made a rule before the european championships that coefficients would decide who goes through in the event of a tie"

"hope they change the rule to penalties rather than coefficients"
    Yes,penos but after they changed decision of qualification results to decide

"it used to be coefficients now its penos"

I know your english isnt great but as far as i can see you keep changing what your saying, am i correct in my interpretations?

No i am not changing what i am saying,i said before tournament they made a rule that in these even situation qualifications coefficients will decide who is going through,than i heard rumours they will change it to penalties and than i said they definitly changed it to penalties

No i am not changing what i am saying,i said before tournament they made a rule that in these even situation qualifications coefficients will decide who is going through,than i heard rumours they will change it to penalties and than i said they definitly changed it to penalties

grand, had a case of this

Everything is cool:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It would of been used on coefficients if it was two teams with everything the same who played in one of the previous two matches. But because it's the last game and they will be equal it will be penalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

nipplenuts wrote: »

Yep I remember watching as a kid and jumping for joy when the lots were drawn, and we drew Romania as opposed to Germany which would have been elimination probably. We were due a break in the draw, I can remember the groans when the original draw for the group stage was made and we were put in with England AND Holland again!

Good point. What if the two teams level on points were playing in different stadiums, what would they do, get a few helicopters to fly one of the teams to the pitch for the shoot-out!!? Or meet up the following day, JUST for the shoot-out, ha! Imagine that! :D

Advertisement