Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austria V Poland

• 12-06-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The 2nd hosts to go out tonight methinks.

Would this have been a better way avoiding 2 rubbish host nations certain of places in the final....

- Before the qualifiers began, have a play off between Austria and Switzerland.
    - The winners qualify for the finals, the losers go into the regular qualifying groups with everyone else.

That way it frees up one extra qualifying space and also ensures there is some host representation. Just a thought..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Come on Austria!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

I think this is an exceptional case for how bad the hosts actually are. Although perhaps the reason they were awarded the tournament was to raise the standard of football in the countires?
    Why not make them qualify? What more incentive do you need than to get the finger out and qualify so you can represent your nation at home in a tournament??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I reckon this is gonna be a good game. Both sides tried to attack in their first games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Roger Gueirreio set to start for the Poles tonight. I think this may be a decent match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

gucci wrote: »
    I think this is an exceptional case for how bad the hosts actually are. Although perhaps the reason they were awarded the tournament was to raise the standard of football in the countires?
    Why not make them qualify? What more incentive do you need than to get the finger out and qualify so you can represent your nation at home in a tournament??

Yeah I agree with you about them both qualifying. IMO the only team that should get automatic qualification is the champions, and even at that they should have a choice.

I was suggesting a middle ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

DSB wrote: »
    I reckon this is gonna be a good game. Both sides tried to attack in their first games.

+ 1

I said the same last night for the Swiss Turkey match. I find that in Euros or World Cups a lot of the best games are between the so-called weaker teams in the group.

I reckon this will be a good end-to-end match with a goals...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I think this could be interesting,anyway its gonna be draw i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Another classic Dunphyism by Eamon there a few mins ago.

"Austria - who topped their qualifying group ahead of Germany".

LOL

Poland to win by 1 I reckons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Poland at 6/4 when they beat Poland twice in qualification for 2006 seems massive. Expecting a Polish win

:mad::mad::mad:

Come on ffs!!

• Advertisement

There's been alot of football and kicks to the groin so far this tournament

AAAAAAAAAAAAghghghghghgaaaaaaghghh

JAYSIS AUSTRIA!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Poland dont look good thus far

Edit: Boruc really on form

Jesus Fúcky Cúnt.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Poland at 6/4 when they beat Poland twice in qualification for 2006 seems massive. Expecting a Polish win

Hilariously lucky, not to mention I traded Boruc into my fantasy team:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Two of the worst teams I have ever seen.

Football is crying here.

The Polish defence was better vs the Wehrmacht in 39 ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

1 nil to poland roger with a tap in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Would it be worth throwing 5 euro on Austria at 5-1 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,979 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Two of the worst teams I have ever seen.

Football is crying here.

The Polish defence was better vs the Wehrmacht in 39 ffs!

Ooo Historical Burn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Tusky wrote: »
    Would it be worth throwing 5 euro on Austria at 5-1 ?

yeah its a gud price tbh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

DesF wrote: »
    Jesus Fúcky Cúnt.

Seriously what the fúck are you on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Austria wasted all their chances. Now I won't get any money for worst team for Poland. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Airball!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOeleventyeleven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Peno yes.....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

WOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Fcuk yeah! Viva la Osterreich !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

ffs... there goes 9 points from my fantasy league team. bak you c*nt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Come on Austria:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

poxy home refereeing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Iago wrote: »
    poxy home refereeing

lost money then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Iago wrote: »
    poxy home refereeing

just poxy webb. still, guess the Austrians deserved something, as they've been better than people expected. does this count as the upset from them i predicted :D?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Heh, Beeb were showing Group standings with a win for Poland :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Great call on the pen by Webb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Silly peno to give away, dunno what he was thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

lordgoat wrote: »

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Hope they hammer Germany now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

lordgoat wrote: »

Certainly was and about time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

musician wrote: »
    lost money then.

what gave it away?

It was a penalty, but it should have been a free out beforehand. The fact that it cost me a couple of hundred euro is completely incidental I assure you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I am glad i was right for Austria when i said they wont embarass themselves on this euro.Its just so impossible how much this team isnt lucky and dont have enough knowledge.They really arent good team but they giving maximum they can and if they only had a bit more knowledge tonight they would win least 3-0,what a big chances they misses,what a stupid goal they got in their net but when we see these 2 games they played they can say they acomplished their mission coz everyone were wrong with understimating them.They deserved to win tonight but chances arent what counts there but goals so they deserved this draw least at the end,coz of them and coz of those fans they have who celebrating right now in Wien this draw,i must say they got my sympathies

• Advertisement

I've got a feeling I will be getting some extremely bitter coffees and soggy sandwiches tommorow due to this result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Poland extremely unlucky, they needed to win this game to give them any chance of progressing from the group, hard to see Germany not getting second place now. Austria probably deserved the draw to be fair, given the plethora of first half chances they missed.

I was very impressed by the Saganowski on the right side of midfield for Poland. Everything good Poland did went through him, very good passer of the ball - wouldn't be surprised to see a few Premier League clubs sniffing round him. Bak at centre half for Poland was very poor tonight, in his day at Lyon he was one of the best around, but he seems to be well past it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

grenache wrote: »
    Poland extremely unlucky.

The were bloody blessed that Austria coulnt finish their dinner. They could and should have been 3-0 down but for terrible Autrian strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Stekelly wrote: »
    The were bloody blessed that Austria coulnt finish their dinner. They could and should have been 3-0 down but for terrible Autrian strikers.

Perpaps, (although you're not giving enough credit to Boruc who made the saves) but to withstand all that Austria threw at them and then conceed when they did, is just bad luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

****in delighted!! come on Austria! had a bet on a 1-1 draw at 5/1, very happy with the penalty decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Thought Austria deserved a win, only a world class performance from Boruc prevented it.

Having said that, Beenhakker getting the lads to slow things down after the repeated Austria attacks, in effect pretty much try to make the game boring, get them off their high tempo and then strike. Now that is tactics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

in poland atm the poles were all sick! having said that austria defo deserved atleast a draw!

Advertisement