Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any engineering workshops around?

Options
  • 12-08-2014 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm looking for somewhere that can make hub adapters. I have just refurbed a set of wheels and discovered the PCD is different.

I've looked at buying some and the cost is horrifying.

Is there anywhere that can make a set up for me (cheaply)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

http://www.hrsprings.ie/dealers.html

First Irish company I came across in a google search, sure there's loads more, along with all the English companies showing up too

• Registered Users Posts: 9 creme_fraiche

Yeah I googled them too they're after near on 300+ for them, thats way too much so I was hoping maybe someone would know of a little local firm after all they're only metal spacer rings with 8 holes drilled in them

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

You're better off buying these than getting them made unless the shop you're buying from is willing to do the engineering design to make sure they're safe, or you get a chartered mechanical engineer to do the design for you.

Adding adapters like these is a serious mechanical modification which you would need to report to your insurer and they will want to see that they are suitably engineered for the purpose. If an adapter were to fail, you lose a wheel and that's got the potential to be a big accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was hoping maybe someone would know of a little local firm
    Where is local for you?

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Where is local for you?

Well I'm in Dublin 22 but I could travel about within reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Be much easier to sell on your wheels and get another set that is a match for your car.

visual wrote: »
    Be much easier to sell on your wheels and get another set that is a match for your car.

Yeah I think you're right, I've stuck them up for sale bit of a shame they very tasty and were a lot fun painting

Advertisement