Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cleaning aftermarket Air Filter

Options
  • 12-08-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

How do ya go about cleaning these ? mine looks like it could do with a good clean , or better off buying a new one ?

tegiwa-carbon-whale-peen_2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Compressed air is always a good start and blow all the dirt dust out, it may need re oiling if it's old.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Oxi-Action 2 scoops in a bucket and a couple of 2 litre bottles of sparkling water.
    Stick the filter in and watch the dirt float off.
    You'll need to re-oil after this though once the filter has dried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Will it def need to be re-oiled ? where do i buy that stuff ? heard i can get a K&N cleaning kit for it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,534 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Search ebay for 99-5000EU. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check the price for a new one. It might not be worth the trouble of cleaning it.

• Advertisement

Got myself a cleaning kit , see how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Apply the oil sparingly. Too much oil and you'll knacker your MAF.

Yeah it's not the spray on oil it's in a squeeze bottle :) seen vids on YouTube have a fair idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Lots of folks swear by no oil at all.... worth looking into..

Advertisement