Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yaris/Terios 1.3 Engine High Idle

Options
  • 12-08-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hello guys have a terios which I am to believe is the same 1.3 k3ve engine that is used in the Toyota Yaris.Trouble is the car in idle sits at 1500 rpm.Throttle body is clean,have tried 2nd hand map sensor still no better.Anyone here have the same car/engine with the same issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Your idle speed valve is sticking, it's located on side of throttle body by Philips screws, the round unit should spin freely, remove, clean, refit :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mancity1

Thank will try this what would you recommend for cleaning? I am not near car at the moment but I do remember like a small box with 4 phillips screws at side of throttle body but as far as I remember was unable to loosen them using screwdriver so left it but will def give this a go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

mancity1 wrote: »
    Thank will try this what would you recommend for cleaning? I am not near car at the moment but I do remember like a small box with 4 phillips screws at side of throttle body but as far as I remember was unable to loosen them using screwdriver so left it but will def give this a go

I use carb cleaner or we'd 40 and some fine sandpaper

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mancity1

Thanks will give this a go tomorrow

Advertisement