Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maxtor One Touch Mini III

• 24-09-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a 'Maxtor OneTouch Mini III', it has worked seemlessly with my laptop for a year, but now it is not showing up in 'My Computer'. I really need to access it, if even once, to get my files from it. I installed the driver updates but it still doesn't respond.

I think the laptop still recognises it, as the 'safely remove hardware' icon still appears on the taskbar. Does anyone know how to get it working again?

Regards,
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You may have a drive letter conflict, Vista or XP?

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

It's Windows Vista, it usually shows up as G:/

OK gimme a sec Vista is not my cup of tea so will have a dig and see how it handles drive letter allocation.

MC

http://www.xylophonik.net/pics/Untitled.png

The program won't respond whenever I connect the device. It does not even show up on the program. But the program responds whenever I disconnect the device again

• Advertisement

Whenever I take the USB cable out, the drive flashes up for a minute in my computer, then dissappears.

Has anyone got any ideas? I really need to access the files on the external.

Thanks

Think you more than likely have a dying disk or controller card.

Start the machine in safe mode and see if you can access the disk then, might have a driver conflict or corrupt driver.

MC

I tried safe mode and the results are the same sadly. It does seem to be making some awful noises! :) If I brought it somewhere is there some way of repairing it?

Yes there is a way to get the info off the drive but the cost is normally very high, if the data is very valuable then it may be worth it but otherwise I'd say you'll have to kiss it goodbye. Try to use it as little as possible if as you say it is making strange noises as thats a clear sign its on the way out.

MC

• Advertisement
Advertisement