Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forum Name Change Petition

• 12-06-2008 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

On the basis only Americans and militiant Gah heads use the 's' word, I formally request that this forum, and its subforums, be renamed 'Football'.

If you agree, please sign below and lets get this done.

If you post here, you are agreeing with the petition. Thats why its called a petition.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Yeah, agreed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

have you nothing better to do...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Meh I agree...Another bandwagon to jump on :pac:

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

yeah, go for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

chdpoker wrote: »
    have you nothing better to do...............

Loads, but thats another story.

You know you signed my petition? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Football ftw.

60% of those that viewed signed. Thats a clear democratic mandate from the Football Forum community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

If you want to distinguish the forum from other football sports but lose the soccer tag maybe you should call the forum "non contact football". Everyone will know it's the soccer forum and not rugby / GAA / aussie or american.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

How about Fitba'? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Soccerball ftw!

• Advertisement

clown bag wrote: »
    If you want to distinguish the forum from other football sports but lose the soccer tag maybe you should call the forum "non contact football". Everyone will know it's the soccer forum and not rugby / GAA / aussie or american.

How many people on Boards.ie are likely to open a football forum and expect to see an Aussie Rules thread? :confused:

The debate on the topic is on the other thread so you just signed my petition. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

clown bag wrote: »

Or it could be called "actual football" seeign as all above are more a form of handball than football (not handball the game with the little ball and a wall but as a reference to the fact the ball spends most of its time in the players hands. before anyone gets pedantic like)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I concur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

can we get a poll? I like polls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

The debate on the topic is on the other thread so you just signed my petition. :D
    meh, the name isn't something that bothers me tbh. I'm a big soccer / football fan regardless of what the sport is called.

I think "overpaid diving divas" might be worth some market research though. :)

The only time the term "soccer" upsets me is when I hear it in an american accent but maybe that's because I don't have much time for american " time out ball".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Locked,You will have to take this to the Feedback forum as this is a Admin call.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement