Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Czech Republic-Portugal

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Brilliant bit there were Deco,Simao, Ronaldo trying to figure out who would get to take a free kick.:D

Simao in the end and in best fashion hit the wall.;)

Bit surprised no sign of Quaresma - surely he'll get a run in the next game

oooh what a chance there for the Czechs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ronaldo Still Needs Another 2 To Make My Jinx 100%
    +1 (it was an assist but he couldda done it himself)

3-1 Portugal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ronaldo=Selfish:confused:

Blow it out your arse:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Melion wrote: »
    After my correct scoreline prediction last night im going for Portugal 3-1 in this at 17/1

Holy ****, Melion. You're on form!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Between Klose, Torres and Ronaldo, I'd say unselfish players are ruining many bets for top scorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wtf was the Czech defender at there? Ronaldo went and he kind of half went with him for a stride or two then stopped dead and stood watching him :rolleyes: I can only assume the defender on the far side did the same with Quaresma on his run.

3-1 Ronaldo sets up Quaresma unselfishly for the goal

Game over

Decent game overall 3-1 flattering to the Portugese

Still cant see Portugal winning it, as there are definately vulnerable at the back.

Czechs lacking that bit of class especially in the final third but played much better than the previous game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

self indulgent small timer :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jebus I really hate Portugal.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Woo, go Portugal.

Another high scoring game.

Attack will win this championships, which is fitting as defence won the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Didnt think in a million years Ronaldo would pass and not go for goal himself! :eek: Cant see Portugal even threating to win the competition though, 3-1 was flattering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I put 1 euro on Portual 3 - 1 at 12/1. Wish I had of put a tenner on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Tusky wrote: »
    I put 1 euro on Portual 3 - 1 at 12/1. Wish I had of put a tenner on it.

why bother?

kryogen wrote: »
    why bother?

I turned 1 euro into 13 euro, thats why! I had bets on other things as well. Ive just been betting small amounts on each game, im not a big gambler. I'm up by about 30 quid so far though. Makes the games a wee bit more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

kryogen wrote: »
    why bother?

We all do not have easy Wexford cash in our pockets :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Eh how was the last goal not offside?

:o

eamoss wrote: »
    Eh how was the last goal not offside?

:o

Ball was played back by Ronaldo

DesF wrote: »
    Ball was played back by Ronaldo

No it wasnt, it was played forward.

Quaresma was behind Ronaldo though.

Stekelly wrote: »
    No it wasnt, it was played forward.

Quaresma was behind Ronaldo though.

That's what I meant yeah.

:pac:

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »
    That's what I meant yeah.

:pac:

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

so, that was my first view of Portugal in this competition. have to say i expected a little better, given the hype. one again the scoreline flatters imo, Portugal were living dangerously at times, had Sionko's gone in... well, it's all moot.

was slightly disappointed with the Portuguese. firstly their defence was pretty badly organised at times, especially from set pieces. Bosingwa looks a vastly over rated player, can't understand why Chelsea would want him over Ferreira, who looked the better player even when playing out of position.

secondly, for a team full of attackers their movement off the ball was woeful. everything they do will depend on either beating with the ball at their feet, or Ronaldo's pace on the counter. was a bit baffled at how static they looked.

Bosingwa looks a vastly over rated player, can't understand why Chelsea would want him over Ferreira, who looked the better player even when playing out of position

Damn straight! im delighted!

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    We all do not have easy Wexford cash in our pockets :D:D

:)

long time since i been down to wexford for some easy cash now that you mention it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

€20 on 3-1 at 17's, delighted. Lost a tenner of it on Switzerland to win 2-1 though. For what its worth im going with 2-1 Germany(7/1) tomorrow along with a 1-1 draw in the late game between Poland and Austria(9/2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,726 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

so, that was my first view of Portugal in this competition. have to say i expected a little better, given the hype

My first view of Portugal too, since the WC. I was less impressed compared to the way they played in the last few tournaments. But I suppose it is early stages yet. No need for the dramatics and dives just yet :pac:

€20 on 3-1 at 17's, delighted. Lost a tenner of it on Switzerland to win 2-1 though. For what its worth im going with 2-1 Germany(7/1) tomorrow along with a 1-1 draw in the late game between Poland and Austria(9/2)

2-1 Germany at 7/1 is a good shout. Might put a fiver on that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

unkel wrote: »
    My first view of Portugal too, since the WC. I was less impressed compared to the way they played in the last few tournaments. But I suppose it is early stages yet. No need for the dramatics and dives just yet :pac:

Check out Ronaldos hilarious dive for the first goal today, how am i the only one to have spotted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Check out Ronaldos hilarious dive for the first goal today, how am i the only one to have spotted it.

you're not. he just does it so much there's no point even talking about it anymore. the referee's wont go near him while he's the tournaments poster boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just watched the highlights there in work and David Pleat did it! He called them Czechoslovakia right at the last goal! Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just watched the highlights there in work and David Pleat did it! He called them Czechoslovakia right at the last goal! Love it.

At one point I heard him refer to the country as the 'Republic of Czechoslovakia' which made me laugh my arse off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,825 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dont know if its mentioned already but Czechs game could go to penos

Advertisement