Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWR Working Pro Question.

Options
  • 12-07-2006 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭

Hey.

So i've been looking into getting an swr working pro 400 bass rig, the only problem i have is that the working pro head has an impedence of 4ohm and the cabs have an impedence of 8ohm.

How would this work out? I was thinking of getting the 1x15@200watt and the 2x10@200watt

I know very little about impedence levels so some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There's a cool impedance explanation in the Instrument Resources sticky. The basic rule is the cabs have to have an equal or higher impedance than the head. Your setup is perfect tbh. You should have two outputs on the back of the head, by running each cab parallell the impedance is halved so your cabs combined have a total impedance of 4 ohms, ideal for your head. If you were to daisy-chain them, ie have one cab connected to another cab connected to the head, the impedance would be doubled (16ohms) and while it wouldn't damage your head, it would reduce the output to of the amp.

Two 8 ohm cabs and a 4 ohm head is the classic bass rig tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Cool, I getcha, thanks for the info Doctor J.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Wire em parallel to eachother to give 4ohm total load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Is that not what I said? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Yes, my reply was for those of short attention spans (ie me, i didnt even read your post, apart from the last line :s)

• Advertisement
Advertisement