Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show-Off Your Interface: 6.2 Edition

Options
  • 07-07-2015 5:55pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This thread has been done before - but can't find one on a recent page, so why not start from scratch via 6.2?

Considering addons break as quickly as paper bags in a storm when it comes to patch time, maintaining your UI can be quite a hard task. Having used SpartanUI since TBC, it has had an obscene amount of problems all through the years but I simply can't ditch it. Almost any non-Spartan UI package I've tried rubs me the wrong way - and building one from scratch is often too time-consuming and more prone to breaking per update - so I've gone for the middle ground.

Using SUI's artwork, I'm adding additional addons to it in order to make it into something I'm happy with - here's my results so far:

Still tweaking it before I decide whether to make a subscription plunge at level 100 but it's nearly done.

So, what does your UI look like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This is my UI in action on Fel Lord Zakuun HC. It started out as a UI comp from WoWInterface but it was missing some addons etc, so I made some changes to suit myself.

And in case the video isn't clear, here's a screenshot from BRF LFR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

You really need Channeled Mana Pots :<. Also, no Ascendance?

Will post my own UI when I actually remember >_>

Ascendence is on the end of the bar. the pots are just there for a what if scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Mainly Realui with some additions. Probably need to do a fresh install it tbh.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Ascendence is on the end of the bar. the pots are just there for a what if scenario

I meant you didn't use them ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mage POV

BNRs40xl.jpg

1DZ1cE4l.jpg

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Very nice. Give it 3D portraits and some spell-alerts and I'd probably give it a try myself ;)

I disabled unit portraits just out of trying to keep moving parts to a minimal, but now that you mention it might put them back on :)

In terms of spell alerts, I disabled the default ones, and I use TellMeWhen to notify me of essential CD's and to track stuff.

I don't like setups where things start blinking and flashing around my character. Have tried it before with WeakAuras and stuff and just prefer the minimal approach with TellmeWhen.

It's essentially all Elvui with some minor custom tweaks. I used to maintain a totally custom UI ,and time to time I drop back to default UI, but Elvui does everything I need and want, and its just handy to upgrade it all in one rather then loads of addons individually.

Put on the 3D portraits last night, looks weird, think it makes me unit bars look too "chunky". Will re-post pics later tonight :)

Keep forgetting screenshots. Stream is on here. World top 150 3 day Raiding Guild \o/

http://www.twitch.tv/irlsinister

How are you finding raiding as a Mage, Doc? I have one around 95 and debating whether or not to level and gear him, or a mistweaver monk as a raid alt first.

• Advertisement

Mistweaver's are disgusting right now.

EDIT: Even after the nerfs

How are you finding raiding as a Mage, Doc? I have one around 95 and debating whether or not to level and gear him, or a mistweaver monk as a raid alt first.

Really enjoying it to be honest. I moved from a Warlock to Mage during BRF. I joined a new guild who were farming heroic, so I got geared up relatively quick and there wasn't much pressure in terms of learning the class, but got to grips with it quickly.

I've played all three specs now, and each one unique and interesting. Typically only two raid viable though.

At the moment Arcane/Frost is the combo to go imo. Arcane ST is pretty strong, and will only improve as I start gearing more and more. The rotation for Arcane isn't as boring as it used to be.

Frost is fun, bit RNG dependant on procs, but mobile and fun. Viable again in HFC, but will drop off against Arcane in heroic level gear.

All in all a really fun class. I'm a warlock since WOTLK, and thought that was "my class" but having made the move, has breathed new life into the game for me, big time. Really enjoying it.

I've been gearing a Rogue via pugs and Apex tokens to be my alt. I'm a horrendous alt hopper, but think I've settled in on this rogue.

Also keep up the work with your streams, I do be watching you both during your progress. Have started streaming our stuff myself. Only doing normal and then heroic, won't be doing mythic I'd say.

www.twitch.tv/furyio

You can also see my UI from last nights Archimonde attempts. TellMeWhen is basically the only addon I truly consider as really important(along with bossmods obvs). Prefer TMW as I like just using icons

Appreciate the stream feedback. I only really use it to catch our first kills and other important bits while raiding. Need to sort a mic and headset for myself. Also, huge +1 to TellMeWhen. I use it tot rack all my Shaman related raid cooldowns. Very easy to set up. I've also used it as a dot tracker when playing Affliciton Warlock. I do also use WeakAura's, but that's mainly for tracking important boss mechanics, and I have 0% idea how to set up the strings myself (I just copy and paste from chat when I'm told to :D)

Appreciate the stream feedback. I only really use it to catch our first kills and other important bits while raiding. Need to sort a mic and headset for myself. Also, huge +1 to TellMeWhen. I use it tot rack all my Shaman related raid cooldowns. Very easy to set up. I've also used it as a dot tracker when playing Affliciton Warlock. I do also use WeakAura's, but that's mainly for tracking important boss mechanics, and I have 0% idea how to set up the strings myself (I just copy and paste from chat when I'm told to :D)

I ditched Weak Auras midway through MOP and went full TMW. I was playing lock at the time and used it to track Dots and was really good tracking procs, since Chaos Bolt was so reliant on having procs on the go.

Its super easy to setup, and while WeakAura is still the defacto everyone recommends and uses, cant see myself going back to it.

I've moved my streaming over to Youtube. Twitch isn't exporting to Youtube correctly for me, so I've just gone dedicated to youtube. I don't get viewers, so I only stream to cut kill vids for myself as a point of self critique( i re-watch and spot things im ****ing up etc). Youtube is much easier to do this with.

We ventured into Heroic HFC first time last night and downed first six bosses, so will be cutting those vids tonight. I enjoy watching your streams because your doing heroic and mythic content. Guild I'm in has injected life back into my love of wow, but while some of the officers really think we can push mythic, the reality is there is a fair few many people that need handholding to go past heroic.

Can't say I'm overly concerned, while it would be nice to raid mythic, and I believe I could do it without issues, I've less time these days to dedicate to wow, so the more casual approach is probably actually sitting nicely with me.

Yeah, I was lucky that I found a guild pushing content on a 2-day schedule. 6-10 Thurs and Sun is a fantastic schedule for raiding, and to get the challenging content is brilliant. LFR/Normal have been so watered down in WoD that it just doesn't even feel worth the hassle/time to clear it. I'm currently levelling a MW Monk to reroll for Mythic for the guild, since we have x2 Resto Shamans, and I was the newest and least geared of the pair, I decided I'll get the class we're lacking.

As for TMW, I think it's fantastic. Tracking cooldowns and buffs/debuffs is so straight forward and it's so incredibly easy to set up as well.

Here is an upload from Sundays stream with six kills (very suprising progress tbh)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx1-LdxrXnI

Annotations on then right you can skip to boss fights and see my UI in action.

Is 3, 2, 1 thing DBM?? That is chronic abuse to someone's ears. Holy sh*t.

Is 3, 2, 1 thing DBM?? That is chronic abuse to someone's ears. Holy sh*t.

Yup.

Actually been meaning to turn it off for sometime, I actually look at the the DBM timerbars, so don't need an audio queue.

Its in by default since it is a massive benefit to most players, who respond quicker to audio sounds, or find it helpful while trying to manage everything on sreen.

Just got used to it I suppose.

BigWigs > DBM in my opinion. It just seems a lot smoother to work with, and less load on the machine imo.

So after 87 wipes on Gorefiend we killed it, we did 5 pulls on soc and about 15 on iskar and they just melted. It's so funny how hard he is compared to what follows. Ended up world 120 (exactly) after last night. Think it's the top 3 day in the world right now.

I have all the kills recorded on twitch, just need to actually highlight them individually and get them on YT. Hopefully by this weekend and then you'll see my resto shaman healing UI.

On that note: is anyone able to make me a generic 10 second intro for videos? I have absolutely 0 skill in movie making (I use windows movie maker, lol). Would pay like 5-10€ for a really good one I guess.

• Advertisement

BigWigs > DBM in my opinion. It just seems a lot smoother to work with, and less load on the machine imo.

I used bigwigs for ages but it was broke during MOP if I remember correctly, just never swopped back.

DBM actually broken for a fair few encounters this tier, so probably swop over again

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

i'm a bit late to the party but i started streaming a while back just so i could have a look back over what i do in fights better, saved some highlights here if anyone wants to take a gander at my rogues UI, also have one or two from my MM hunter alt http://www.twitch.tv/frybergyo/profile/highlights

Advertisement