Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

G.K. wrote: »
    Strootman and Modric would be a waste of money and make no sense. One or the other.

Really? Ando is finished as far as I'm concerned and with Fletch probably unlikely to return anytime soon, midfield options of Modric (as much as I think he's a fair bit overrated), Strootman, Carrick and Cleverly, with Giggs and Scholes able to come in would be fantastic imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Strootman and Modric would be a waste of money and make no sense. One or the other.

Completely different players - can't undertand why you would limit it to one or the other; they'd be a good partnership. Money would be the reason I would reckon a move for both is unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Whats up with Javier Hernandez? I thought him and Welbeck were the great future hopes and there you are sniffing around a 22yr old polish striker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Whats up with Javier Hernandez? I thought him and Welbeck were the great future hopes and there you are sniffing around a 22yr old polish striker?

I don't think he'll sign. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Don't believe everything you read,should know that by now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Progress baby

Doubt the story is true mind you, but clubs are always looking to improve.

Survival of the fittest, if Welbeck and Chico are to make it they will make it regardless of who is brought in. Besides, there are plenty of games to go around.

Fergie likes to have 4 mainline striker

Rooney
    Welbeck
    Chico
    Lewandoski

Thats 4 right? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

There is nothing to actually suggest the club is interested in Lewandowski, just media rumours. The only possible link, Ferguson attending one of his club games, was obviously relating to him being interested in Kagawa.
    The confidence placed in Welbeck this season suggests that Ferguson considers him to be a key part of the club's future, and Rooney won't be going anywhere. With 3 top strikers set to be at the club next season, I think it is unlikely that we will buy another expensive striker(especially if we change tactics and use just 1 up front).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I wouldn't mind a 4th striker but not if we're going to pay a serious amount of money for one.

Owen_S wrote: »
    There is nothing to actually suggest the club is interested in Lewandowski, just media rumours. The only possible link, Ferguson attending one of his club games, was obviously relating to him being interested in Kagawa.
    The confidence placed in Welbeck this season suggests that Ferguson considers him to be a key part of the club's future, and Rooney won't be going anywhere. With 3 top strikers set to be at the club next season, I think it is unlikely that we will buy another expensive striker(especially if we change tactics and use just 1 up front).

Chico doesnt look like the player he was when he first joined, maybe its "2nd season" syndrome, but yes Welbeck seems more the favourite no2 right now

Thats the key to the Lewandoski rumour, he is not a bench player, he is your main guy, and at United, Rooney is the main guy.

He would be mad to come to a club at the moment where he is guaranteed a rotation role when he can stay where he is and be the man or move somewhere else and be the man.

Makes no sense for either party I feel, with how much he would cost and everything

• Advertisement

Chico doesnt look like the player he was when he first joined, maybe its "2nd season" syndrome, but yes Welbeck seems more the favourite no2 right now

Looking at his injury problems this season it would be foolish to start to doubt Chico at this stage. He still scored goals when he did get to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Completely different players - can't undertand why you would limit it to one or the other; they'd be a good partnership. Money would be the reason I would reckon a move for both is unlikely.

You are right, I got mixed up over United's tactical system.

Thinking too much about Hubschmann and a destroyer DM role due to writing a blog article.

They'd work well in the same way a Scholes-Carrick partnership does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

He missed pre season and was injured a lot throughout the season but still gave us 10 league goals. You can't compare his first season which was injury free to his second injury plagued one.

I love Chico, and some of his goals were invaluable. Leveller against Liverpool, Leveller against Chelsea. Doesn't let the big games un nerve him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Tribal football are not a source you should trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Tribalfootball just reposted what the sun had reported.

The pre game of this USA game is painful, I have actually heard the stadium announcer say the word "Soccer" 19 times in less then 2 minutes

• Advertisement

Tribal football are not a source.

Thats really all that was needed in that sentence :D

The mirror have us down for a 14 million pound bid for Strootman. Just going of twitter talk though. So many rumours :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

i read these pages backwards like a newspaper, the sport pages first sorta thing...... am i mad or does anyone else do it too:confused:

These pages as in boards.ie soccer forum?

Nope I read them in chronological order generally, would be pretty confusing otherwise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

i'm a waterford man too,kryogen, but dont know why i do it, prob just lookin for the latest gossip or somethin.....i dunno really:confused:

i read these pages backwards like a newspaper, the sport pages first sorta thing...... am i mad or does anyone else do it too:confused:

Nope its natural - actually, I read the unread ones, which is always the latest!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Do people not click on the 'first unread post button' ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

lordgoat wrote: »

In all my years on Boards I only found that button now :o

I always go to last post and read back..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

lordgoat wrote: »

Yep! It took me a while to figure out that button was there but it changed my life when I did! :P
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    In all my years on Boards I only found that button now :o

I always go to last post and read back..

That's just odd. How do you make sense of conversations or arguments?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Where's that button :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement