Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British UFO Files Released

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

barbar69 wrote: »
    does anyone know in which file the Aurora spy plane is mentioned?

Page 87 file 181. It's actually an article from a science magazine. One wonders why it's in with a bunch of formerly classified UFO reports. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Kernel wrote: »
    Page 87 file 181. It's actually an article from a science magazine. One wonders why it's in with a bunch of formerly classified UFO reports. ;)
    they are a few articles in all, i find them more interesting then the ufo classified reports.............
    thats where the science comes in.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 brenchman

panic not Espinolman, it was just a stray Pink Floyd Concert that got stuck in a tree outside your mates house.

happened all the time in the eighties, anyone else remember the 'Great Gig in the Sky' tour

so not Unidentified just an Unusual Flying Object

Flippin genius!!!

jonbravo wrote: »
    they are a few articles in all, i find them more interesting then the ufo classified reports.............
    thats where the science comes in.:)

The files are disappointing, but then, I didn't suppose that they would de-classify any of the juicy stuff. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

The files are disappointing, but then, I didn't suppose that they would de-classify any of the juicy stuff. :)

Or... that's as juicy as it get perhaps. I'm willing to believe either without further evidence.

• Advertisement

meglome wrote: »
    Or... that's as juicy as it get perhaps. I'm willing to believe either without further evidence.

That could be as juicy, that's a possibility. But from years of reading up on the UFO phenomenon, I'm sure that something is flying around up there. I suppose, in fairness, if the US had developed a top secret aircraft utilising electrostatic lift (triangles?) or some kind of 'anti-gravity' propulsion system then they are unlikely to declassify such things.

Anyone ever watch UFO Hunters with Bill Birnes? Meglome? Any opinions on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

That could be as juicy, that's a possibility. But from years of reading up on the UFO phenomenon, I'm sure that something is flying around up there. I suppose, in fairness, if the US had developed a top secret aircraft utilising electrostatic lift (triangles?) or some kind of 'anti-gravity' propulsion system then they are unlikely to declassify such things.

99% of released files are copies,there are ways to make sure your looking at the real thing.
    like with the mj12 files, the letter ,Z, whenever the letter was in a word it was a little above the other letters in that word........this can tell you if its fake or not....because the files are copies of the released documents, no-one can classify the ink on the stamps to be of that time or not,and i dont know if anyone has done this before there release.there for they wounldn't stand up in court!???,if you were to try and prove ufo's are real. Now i could be wrong on that.

To be honest Kernel I don't have really any interest or knowledge in the whole UFO area. I was just putting forward an alternative (and I thought equally valid) option as to why there wasn't much of interest in the files.

meglome wrote: »
    To be honest Kernel I don't have really any interest or knowledge in the whole UFO area. I was just putting forward an alternative (and I thought equally valid) option as to why there wasn't much of interest in the files.

Well, it's possible that the reports were going to be fairly mundane, due to them being mundane sightings. Some of the reports are interesting, but they seem to be simply report forms collected from witnesses without many conclusions given. If you want to know more about UFO's, I'd recommend Nick Cook's documentaries on google video. Or the documentary 'Out of the Blue' although the STS thether footage has been well bebunked in my opinion.

Well, it's possible that the reports were going to be fairly mundane, due to them being mundane sightings. Some of the reports are interesting, but they seem to be simply report forms collected from witnesses without many conclusions given. If you want to know more about UFO's, I'd recommend Nick Cook's documentaries on google video. Or the documentary 'Out of the Blue' although the STS thether footage has been well bebunked in my opinion.

Sure I'll give them a look.

• Advertisement
Advertisement