Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munich - studio room, 4 people?

• 15-05-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

I've come across this issue before and was wondering if anyone knew how to get around it legitimately.

I'm looking to book an overnight in Munich for the zag family. Since yer basic hotel room is ~€100 per night, getting one room for the adults and one room for the kids makes it all add up. I've found what I think is a good rate for a studio room with 2 double beds for €125 per night. The only problem is that they won't let me book the room for 2 adults & 2 children as "local regulations don't permit 4 in a bedroom". I've heard this line before in Germany and (I think) in the Netherlands.

On the way out there are only 3 of us travelling so we are booking that room, but on the way back there will be a fourth. I know that I could just book for 3 and the fourth could just "appear" on the day. I would be happier booking it straight up, but they won't let me.

I suppose what I'm trying to determine is whether this "local regulations" thing is an excuse to sell more rooms or whether it's real. It just seems a bit bizarre that they can have a hotel with hundreds of people in it & they can have rooms with beds for 4 people, but they won't let 4 people use them.

z

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Novotel allow it.
    If you arent in a rush on booking then a sale comes up quite often, eg my folks are landing to Munich on Thursday and have a stay 3 pay 2 deal on the Novotel Suite Schwabing that they booked 4 to 6 weeks ago.
    Novotel Muenchen Messe is available for the weekend after next for 69 a night for 2 adults and 2 kids and its right by an underground station which is really all you need.
    Try http://www.accorhotels.com/ and you'll see a few options about the city. Most not dead in the centre (and some not so well connected to the U Bahn) but sure you'll not be on the raz anyhow so shouldnt be a problem so long as you are near transport of some sort.

otherwise there are quads in some hotels downtown. Hotel stachus for instance.

Advertisement