Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equality laws protect parent of gay son

Options
  • 09-01-2016 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

A sad story with a good outcome.

Bernie Marron did an interview on Newstalk during the week. She talks briefly about her son and says that he was aware of the effect the case was having on her and offered to 'police himself' and 'tone down' his appearance to make things easier.

Newstalk interview

Not the first time that school has taken to court because the board did not properly deal with staff members behaving inappropriately

February 2009

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Good outcome of the case. Perhaps that principal in question will think again before making bigoted and derogatory remarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Bernie Marron has got to be admired what what she did, and her son should be very proud of her, to be honest I think this school should not recieve anymore state support from the Department of Education because of the narrow minded and twisted attitude they take on who should attend their school.

They obviously did not learn from anything that happened back in 2009, the BOM and the Church of Ireland are equaly to blame as they appear as per usual to have done nothing and did not show any support at all to Mrs. Marren.

Advertisement