Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any gay gamers in here?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 sierraecho

Another Gaymer here but less time to do so these days. Recently build my own gaming PC which was the best thing I ever did. Also have an XB360, XB1 and 3DS (which should just be called my pokémon console :D)

Pad-e and everyone on here, ever use Twitch to stream games? Good fun to stream some games on there and some channels are deadly to watch people play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

Haven't used Twitch myself, no. In fact, I've had to put the gaming end of my endeavours on the back burner for a while until I sort some other matters out, so if you have subscribed to my channel so far, many thanks, but you might have to wait another while before you see any content sadly. If only I had have saved the videos I made for an old channel before deleting it, I could have had some content to start me off until I was able to record some new stuff. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Forgot about this lol.

So what's everyone's NNID, psn and Xbox usernames?

I'm under the name of readyletsgo on them (I think, must check after these few pints :)

Finally got around to playing the reboot of TR this week, loving it, now I have a reason to turn the xbone one, haha.

Played Everybody's gone to the Rapture on ps4 a few weeks back and loved it, sound an awesome soundtrack too! Anyone played it?

Also, as I was asking in Arcade & Retro earlier, I'm gonna pick up a Raspberry Pi 3 I think, anyone here use them? They sound very versatile, and interesting to mess with.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Finally got around to playing the reboot of TR this week, loving it

I played TR once or twice, didn't get very far (don't own it) but I thought it was good. The controversy around that 'famous' scene and the subsequent (misplaced) mass hysteria kind of made the game notorious for the wrong reasons though :(

Are you going to get the new Tomb Raider game, the one that was released only a couple of months ago?

Right now I'm heavily into The Division. It's great, but it's Ubisoft so naturally there are elements of it that piss me off a lot! It's frighteningly addictive though and the Dark Zone PvP is so much fun :D
    pad e wrote: »
    I've had to put the gaming end of my endeavours on the back burner for a while

Sorry to hear that pad e, was curious about the 8-bit and 16-bit stuff :(
    Ash885 wrote: »
    Fair play! I'm starting a channel myself

Over to you Ash ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Hah funnily enough was messing on Twitch the other day. I just need to get my rank up in League/Hearthstone etc. before publically being crap (that excuse good enough? ^^')

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LarDuinn

28 y/o gaymer guy here, just emerged from a Fallout 4/Final Fantasy X binge. Any Tekken fans actually? I'm madly looking forward to the next one. Ling Xiaoyu 4evz.

Final Fantasy X....gosh those were the days. Loved that game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Oh wow, FFX, I sunk so many hours into that game back in the day. So much blitzball!

Tekken fan too but definitely not a Ling Xiaoyu fan, she's a character that button mashers can use to basically cheat (similar to Eddie Gordo!).

Lei Wulong for technique and skill or Bryan Fury for raw power!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 sierraecho

Ash885 wrote: »
    Final Fantasy X....gosh those were the days. Loved that game!

FFX, the game I played to death when I should have been studying for my Leaving Cert. Ha all worked out well in the end.

• Advertisement

sierraecho wrote: »
    FFX, the game I played to death when I should have been studying for my Leaving Cert. Ha all worked out well in the end.

Same! I had a 100+ save file for Blitzball alone. To say I was void of a life back then was putting it lightly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

Anyone registered for a new Nintendo Account and got the new Miitomo app?

Oh, and after having a play on a WiiU recently, I'm kinda tempted to buy one now as it was good fun, but with production supposed to cease this year and the NX round the corner.... I just don't know....!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Emm... might be. >.>

Have a level 60 in every major MMO. 500+ hours in Quake and Natural Selection 2. Countless games with 100+ hours on Steam.
    Every major console ever (apart from this gen... something just doesn't click with me for the Xbox One or PS4... probably in time I'll get a PS4 though). Currently rocking a ridonkulous PC gaming rig that I spent far too much money on :)

Was manager of the first Irish international games team. Built this whole site from a Quake forum. Currently work in games development.

Um yeah, might be. :)

DeVore wrote: »
    Emm... might be. >.>

Have a level 60 in every major MMO. 500+ hours in Quake and Natural Selection 2. Countless games with 100+ hours on Steam.
    Every major console ever (apart from this gen... something just doesn't click with me for the Xbox One or PS4... probably in time I'll get a PS4 though). Currently rocking a ridonkulous PC gaming rig that I spent far too much money on :)

Was manager of the first Irish international games team. Built this whole site from a Quake forum. Currently work in games development.

Um yeah, might be. :)

Snap! For my masters dissertation this year I'm basing it on competetive eSports and Irish video games market! Hoping to eventually break into the tech/games sector. Whoever said you can't make a career out of video games was surely bonkers, right? :pac:

As an aside, any League of Legends players here?

Advertisement